Mommy Booboo

kuulani

I wrapped a few presents last night and wrote on the tag "From Santa." Of course, my daughter can read now and asks, "how come Santa brought the presents so early?"

Damn, I forget how sharp this kid is sometimes. So I fumble for my response, "Umm ... he brought them early because he might be too busy on Christmas."

And she says, "Oh, did Dad see him on Mauna Kea?"

*phew* She accepted my response. She believes that Santa lives on Mauna Kea because Mauna Kea has snow on it and that MUST be where the north pole is, and luckily for her, her daddy works up there and sees Santa all the time.

POStech

my son noticed the wrapping paper on gifts from santa was the same as the gift from us.
We told him santa didn't have time to wrap them so we did it. He didn't buy it.

kuulani

Ooh, thanks for the heads up about the wrapping ... I better start stashing santa wrapping paper!

My daughter is 6.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I always have one that has little Santas on it, and that's the one Santa brings his stuff wrapped in. The roll gets hidden in the closet for the whole season.

Inkara1

I started wondering what was up when I noticed "Santa" has the same handwriting as my mom... and my mom has very beautiful and distinctive handwriting.

Inkara1

Oh, also, when the wrapping paper question comes up, just say that Santa bought the wrapping paper at the Wal-Mart at the North Pole, just like you bought your paper at the Wal-Mart near you. Easy solution.

nalani

omg, she's getting so old already! Remember when Ahiena left that note for Ka'ehu and signed it, "Santa"? She *still* has it! We'll have to do that for Mie real soon.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
The signature solution for me was - gifts from me in handwriting. Gifts from Santa in all caps printing.

kuulani

omg, she's getting so old already! Remember when Ahiena left that note for Ka'ehu and signed it, "Santa"? She *still* has it! We'll have to do that for Mie real soon.

We did it last year when she first started reading & she baked cookies for Santa - must pono hana hou this year :D

nalani

We did it last year when she first started reading & she baked cookies for Santa - must pono hana hou this year :D

OMG, that's right :D Ka'ehu can write her a note *nods*
And just think, when the twins are Mie's age, she can write notes to them from Santa.

Awww.. dontcha just love Christmastime deception? :D

Inkara1

Jut so long as you don't eat the cookies overnight and cause your kid to wake up and yell "HE'S GONNA LEAVE HE'S GONNA LEAVE HE'S GONNA LEAVE!"