Moral Framework

Professur

Schoolgirl gave birth after rape

Jason Middleton raped the girl when he was looking after her
A schoolgirl gave birth to a baby after being raped by a teenage boy, a court has been told.

The High Court in Glasgow heard that the girl became pregnant after being abused by Jason Middleton, from Grangemouth, who was looking after her.

The girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons, decided to go ahead with the pregnancy.

The court was told she is now trying to come to terms with having the child adopted.

Middleton, 19, admitted raping the girl on one occasion at a house in September 2005.

Prosecutor Jennifer Bain said: "This occurred while the accused was looking after the girl and they were alone together in a house.

"She gave birth to a daughter. She has tried to commit suicide on a numbers of occasions."

'Moral framework'

Ms Bain said that when first questioned by police, Middleton had initially denied having sexual contact with the girl.

However, the court heard that DNA was taken from the accused and the child which confirmed that he was the father.

Solicitor advocate Richard Goddard, defending Middleton, said: "My client was deprived of a normal upbringing. He had no moral framework. He had almost non-existent parental guidance."

Temporary judge Rita Rae QC placed Middleton on the sex offenders register, but allowed him bail.

She deferred sentence until next month for the preparation of social inquiry and community service reports.

source

Discuss

Inkara1

"No moral framework" and yet he knew it was wrong enough to lie to the cops about it.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
No moral framework is bad? Since when?

I thought we should teach them to use condoms, because the'll do it anyway.

Give 'em free needles...to avoid spreading diseases, because the'll do it anyway.

Let 'em suck that mass of tissue into a safe sink...because the'll do it anyway.

We aren't allowed to teach them right from wrong because wrong is by perspective only.

This child is a lesion on the ass of the modern world. YOU (general sense) teach moral relativism. YOU deny absolutes. YOU find single parenthood okay. YOU think a mother working outside the home is more realistic, and honorable, than a stay-at-home mom. YOU have denigrated fatherhood.

This, my friends, is YOUR doing.

Frodo

A pair of pliers and a blow torch might be just the thing to instill some morals in this punk. Or, just knock him in the head and move on (no loss there).

chcr

Too cute for words
No moral framework is bad? Since when?

I thought we should teach them to use condoms, because the'll do it anyway.

Give 'em free needles...to avoid spreading diseases, because the'll do it anyway.

Let 'em suck that mass of tissue into a safe sink...because the'll do it anyway.

We aren't allowed to teach them right from wrong because wrong is by perspective only.

This child is a lesion on the ass of the modern world. YOU (general sense) teach moral relativism. YOU deny absolutes. YOU find single parenthood okay. YOU think a mother working outside the home is more realistic, and honorable, than a stay-at-home mom. YOU have denigrated fatherhood.

This, my friends, is YOUR doing.

Way to completely misinterpret what happened there, jackass. You should be proud.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Way to completely misinterpret what happened there, jackass. You should be proud.

I interpreted nothing. I only made it clear that this is your doing. No moral compass. No ideology. No base from which to raise. As long as people are willing to stand by & allow anyone to do anything, well, this is what you get. If it feels good, do it. remember, you're hurting nobody.

Oh, by the way, knock ioff the personal attacks.

chcr

Too cute for words
I interpreted nothing. I only made it clear that this is your doing. No moral compass. No ideology. No base from which to raise. As long as people are willing to stand by & allow anyone to do anything, well, this is what you get. If it feels good, do it. remember, you're hurting nobody.

Oh, by the way, knock ioff the personal attacks.
*sigh* I'm unfortunately quite sure now that that's just what you got out of it. My mistake, you weren't purposefully being a jackass, you were serious. I therefore apologize for the sarcasm that you interpreted as a personal attack. I really can't decide which is sadder.

Never mind.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I am saddened that it's not clearer that this behavior, and its justification, it a symptom of 40 years of MEMEMEMEMEME. As time progresses, it'll become, as the examples I alluded to already have, harder to find this as abnormal. It already barely raised an eyebrow around here.

chcr

Too cute for words
I am saddened that it's not clearer that this behavior, and its justification, it a symptom of 40 years of MEMEMEMEMEME. As time progresses, it'll become, as the examples I alluded to already have, harder to find this as abnormal. It already barely raised an eyebrow around here.

A society that you self-righteously consider too permissive (it's much less permissive than it was when I was young, by the way) is responsible for the rape of a child. Prodigious leap, that.