More questions about karma

Professur

Everyone starts out with 1 point of karma-giving power, but they need to have at least 100 posts and 10 points of karma themselves before their ratings will count towards any user's karma. For each 1000 posts, 365 days of registration, or 100 points of Karma, a user is given one more point of karma-giving power. So for instance, if you have 2500 posts, have been registered for a year and a half, and have 130 karma points, you will have 5 points of karma-giving power. 1 point that you started out with, 2 points for the 2000 posts, 1 point for the 365 days, and 1 point for the 100 karma points (there are no fractions for karma-giving power)

Professur

Got over 100 posts - check
Got over 10 karma yourself - check (I know I gave you at least that much)
You now have one point of karma-giving power

Been here 3 years, that's another 3

And depending on if you've over 1000 karma, you might have another point or two.

edit: whopping pile, you've got over 2000 k, so that's at least 24 points of givability.

JJR512

Arghh... Why can't there just be a simple little information bit in my user cp somewhere that tells me this?

Professur

JJR512 said:
Arghh... Why can't there just be a simple little information bit in my user cp somewhere that tells me this?

Because it's a hack. I'm sure if you were to volunteer, they'd be happy to let you write in a display.

JJR512

According to my user cp, I have 3936 karma points.

So I get 39 karma giving points from that, right?

And 3+ years, that's 3 more.

And 100+ posts, that's 1 more.

Plus the original 1 starting-off-with point.

So, if my math is correct, I have 44 points of karma giving power, correct?

JJR512

Professur said:
Because it's a hack. I'm sure if you were to volunteer, they'd be happy to let you write in a display.
As soon as I get my test board to the point where I'm ready to install the hack, I'll see what I can do.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
JJR512 said:
According to my user cp, I have 3936 karma points.

So I get 39 karma giving points from that, right?

And 3+ years, that's 3 more.

And 100+ posts, that's 1 more.

Plus the original 1 starting-off-with point.

So, if my math is correct, I have 44 points of karma giving power, correct?

Nope.

You get 1 point for each 1000 posts (not for 100).

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I have 345 giving power checked with ^^ that account.

15000+ posts = 15 points
32600+ karma = 326 points
3 years = 3 points
default point = 1