More questions about karma

Professur

MrBishop said:
It'll be a while before can reciprocate

the whole point of Karma is that you give it ..... for posts. Not just because someone gave it to you. It's meant to be a reward for insightful, funny, or interesting posts, not a popularity contest.

greenfreak

I disagree. It should also be given for whiners like me who want to get over 50k so a curse shows up every time someone mouses over my green dots.

It's all I've lived for in the past few weeks. :)

MrBishop

Professur said:
the whole point of Karma is that you give it ..... for posts. Not just because someone gave it to you. It's meant to be a reward for insightful, funny, or interesting posts, not a popularity contest.
Normally, yes...but this is a 'squeeky wheel getting the grease' kinda thread ;)

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
greenfreak said:
46500 here since Les just gave me a whack.

You know Luis, you give and you get. I haven't gotten from you in quite some time now. :p

Neither have I :p

But seriously, I've given more karma recently than I ever did before. Strange that I didn't give you any :confuse3:

Professur

MrBishop said:
Normally, yes...but this is a 'squeeky wheel getting the grease' kinda thread ;)

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Perhaps you missed the thread where I mentionned heavy boots and squeeking creatures.....

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
greenfreak said:
Well I must have given ya recently:

Yeah, like 30 minutes ago, I posted it before looking at it. But I gave you karma before looking into the CP too, so there ;)

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I need only 350 more points, so I will tell a really funny joke to put me over the top....

A man walks into a bar, and orders a shot of 10 year old scotch. Now the bartender has never heard of 10 year old scotch, so, after a play at searching, he pours the fellow a shot of 8 year old scotch. "Here ya go, sir', says the bartender. The guy thanks the bartender, puts the glass up to his lips, and takes one sip. He then slams the shot glass down on the bar, looks the bartender square in the eyes, and says "This is 8 year old scotch. I asked for 10 year old scotch. Now return my money, or get me what I asked for..."
The bartender is a bit shaken by this, so he actually looks for some 10 year old scotch. About 5 minutes later, he tires of searching, so he figures the guy was just lucky, so he pours him a shot of 12 year old scotch.
"Here you go, mister. I apologize for the delay, but I had a hard time locating the bottle."
The man accepts the apology, puts the shot glass to his lips, and takes a sip. Once more, he slams the shot glass down. "This ain't it, either. Maybe you'd better talk to the owner, because I'm not giving you any more chances to screw this up..."
So the bartender goes into the back office to see the owner.
"Hey, boss", he says, "There's some crazy dude out at the bar asking for 10 year old scotch, and there ain't no such thing."
The owner looks up, smiles, and replies "I should've told you about him, but I forgot he was coming in today. That's the same guy who comes in every month at this very time. I keep his bottle back here so it won't get mixed in with the stuff at the bar." So he goes over to the safe, and gets the bartender the bottle. "Give him a shot of this. He'll be happy, and everything will be okay. Trust me."
So the bartender goes out to the bar, and pours the man a shot out of his line of sight, turns around, and places the glass on the bar. "Here you go, sir."
The man picks up the glass, takes one sip, smiles at the bartender, and downs the shot. "Now this", says the patron, "is ten year old scotch."
Soon, the customer and the bartender are exchanging stories, and an extremely drunk man, who had witnessed the whole scotch tirade stumbles over to the two with a cup. He hands the customer the cup, and slurs "Here...t.t.try this..." The man looks at the bartender and shrugs. The drunk guy sits down and stares intently. The man looks at the drunk again, mumbles "what the hell", and takes a sip.

He immediately spits out the liquid, and says "This tastes like piss!", and the drunk guy responds...

"Yeah. It's mine. How old am I?"