motzah ball soup

unclehobart

Have I ever told you my formulae?

It keeps the masses coming back in droves. I make a rocking soup... even if I am a goy.

unclehobart

Its actually quite delicious. Just think of a nice spicy chicken soup with a few veggies in it with motzah balls. The motzahs are pretty much nothing more than water, egg, oil, salt, pepper, and motzah flour. It is essentially nothing more than a large and tasty dumpling that tastes like the soup it is cooked in. It is super simple to make, but like all good hearty soups, takes a few hours to make.

BB

i'm sure it is ..was just unfortunate timing after replying to the vet testicles thing :eek5:

anyway after just coming from the word assoc and reading what you just wrote Unc - i just realised how hungry i am!

chcr

Too cute for words
*smacks chcr upside the head
Smartass. :finger:

Happy to have been of service. :lloyd:

Note that I've hear of matzoh, matzo, matzah and matza (I always thought matzoh was correct but I'm told it depends) but never motzah. Must be the goyish spelling, huh?

simplyred

Never had it, but hear wonderful things about it from Tonks' children! The first time I made them soup they asked me if it was going to be motzah ball. I just said "God Bless You". I had never even heard of it.

So, please do tell the formula!

tonksy

It's a bit involved to make from scratch...for a first timer I would suggest you use Manishevitz matzo ball soup mix...it's pretty good and thataway you can see if you like it before you spend hours making it. We used to eat and like the mix until Rob tried making it from scratch. It is much better from scratch...but what isn't?
You can find the mix in the grocery store if you can find one that has a Jewish section down there in Catholic land...If not I can always send you some.

unclehobart

Actually... the mix and scratch are almost identical. All the mix does is give a premeasure of flour base... so its a complete ripoff.

Step one: Find motzah flour/mix of any kind. That is 90% of the battle. Once you have that... then we can talk... otherwise we are just blowing smoke.

tonksy

Actually... the mix and scratch are almost identical. All the mix does is give a premeasure of flour base... so its a complete ripoff.

Step one: Find motzah flour/mix of any kind. That is 90% of the battle. Once you have that... then we can talk... otherwise we are just blowing smoke.

Yeah...but my point is that she has everything she needs in one little box instead of having to buy everything seperately and having a bunch of leftover groceries should she not like it. Plus, there are simple and easy to follow directions on the back of the box.

simplyred

It's a bit involved to make from scratch...for a first timer I would suggest you use Manishevitz matzo ball soup mix...it's pretty good and thataway you can see if you like it before you spend hours making it. We used to eat and like the mix until Rob tried making it from scratch. It is much better from scratch...but what isn't?
You can find the mix in the grocery store if you can find one that has a Jewish section down there in Catholic land...If not I can always send you some.

Thanks, and you know I keep forgetting that I bought you some of that fruit salt stuff that we used to get on the fruit in Corpus Christi! I need to send that.