My own personal hell

IDLEchild

Here's a tip...don't ever ever EVER fall in love with your co-worker. Even if every inch of your body tells you to, resist, don't. Unrequited love is easy to deal with when you're not forced to face the person 5 days a week for 8hrs a day.

Everyday has become an exercise in blood pressure control. My smoking is out of control and food has pretty much lost all taste. Blindingly difficult to focus at work.

The worst part, the absolute worst part is I use to laugh at people in my condition...now how wonderful has life turned out that i've become an emotional slave to a person. Hanging on to their every word. Analyzing every text message like a new version of the bible was discovered.

Hell is the human heart.

catocom

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

there is good love, and bad
Love isn't the problem so much as lust.

God is righteous, truthful Love.

personally I struggle with smoking.
I'm in the process of quitting even now.
My faith is weak in this area, but I'm working on it.

Be strong, and love others as you love yourself, and be joyful even in
the perceived darkness, and joy will be return to you.

MrBishop

Probably the main reason why inter-office romance is usually frowned upon..but no rules can stop the human heart. It might be easier to switch jobs...though that's unlikely to stop you from thinking of her.

GL!

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah man good luck.

i've had a couple office shags where there was little interest in much else (on both sides!) but i would avoid it in the future... but getting so emotionally involved, now that is a big deal.

if i were you i would make a point of getting my ass out there and dating some other people. that's probably the best thing to get your mind off this person.

i know it's hard to rationalize this way at this point, but try to focus on the unrequited aspect and realize "hey, i'm just wasting my time here... fuck this."

again, good luck...

IDLEchild

i know it's hard to rationalize this way at this point, but try to focus on the unrequited aspect and realize "hey, i'm just wasting my time here... fuck this."

again, good luck...

That sort of insight would be a god sent right now. Im just waiting till I get over love and get into the "sick of this" phase. Really just hoping for my sanity to recover.

IDLEchild

Probably the main reason why inter-office romance is usually frowned upon..but no rules can stop the human heart. It might be easier to switch jobs...though that's unlikely to stop you from thinking of her.

GL!

Definetly trying to move to another job. It won't help me stop thinking about her but definetly easier to not be near the person for so many hrs a day. Eventually then I can just forget with enough time.

2minkey

bootlicker
That's a problem when you can't stand yourself.

dude, we all suck in one way or another, and we're all our own worst critics.

seems like cato might really be on the right track here. break the cycle of self-loathing somehow. now, cato would tell ya jesus, and i might suggest something a little more eastern to think about, but it's really all the same shit.

maybe you need to forgive yourself? (not for anything specific, really, just forgive yourself for being a the same kind of fallible, mistake-making weenie that we all are.)

(sorry if that sounds like i'm trying to be a shrink or something, feel free to tell me to go fuck myself and the horse i rode in on.)

catocom

yep, Jesus, and God have already forgiven you. Jesus died for you.
Ya just gotta ask to 'seal the deal', so to speak.

If others can forgive you, why can't you forgive yourself?
No one can love others, without first self-forgiveness.

JTP

Only dated a co-worker once. It wasn't at all frowned upon by the bosses, but after a few months of seeing each other all day at work and after hours, we both reached the saturation point and got where we couldn't even stand to work together. I was relieved when we got sent to different projects in different states and so was she. Things take their natural course in time. Hope this helps.

Winky

I was going to advise: bang her then get her fired
but I guess that isn't what yer after heh heh

valkyrie

Here's a tip...don't ever ever EVER fall in love with your co-worker. Even if every inch of your body tells you to, resist, don't. Unrequited love is easy to deal with when you're not forced to face the person 5 days a week for 8hrs a day.

Everyday has become an exercise in blood pressure control. My smoking is out of control and food has pretty much lost all taste. Blindingly difficult to focus at work.

The worst part, the absolute worst part is I use to laugh at people in my condition...now how wonderful has life turned out that i've become an emotional slave to a person. Hanging on to their every word. Analyzing every text message like a new version of the bible was discovered.

Hell is the human heart.
Dude, seriously? Never, never, never dip your pen in the company ink. It ALWAYS ends badly.
there is good love, and bad
Love isn't the problem so much as lust.

God is righteous, truthful Love.

personally I struggle with smoking.
I'm in the process of quitting even now.
My faith is weak in this area, but I'm working on it.

Be strong, and love others as you love yourself, and be joyful even in
the perceived darkness, and joy will be return to you.
Don't listen to Cat, he's crazy! Lust is good. Keep your gawd out of my fuckin'.
Definetly trying to move to another job. It won't help me stop thinking about her but definetly easier to not be near the person for so many hrs a day. Eventually then I can just forget with enough time.
Well, not sure what other course of action you can take since you freed Willy (and I mean, told her about your desires).
That's a problem when you can't stand yourself.
Seriously, dude... if you can't stand yourself for real then you need to see a shrink. We all have room for improvement (except me) but if you really can't stand yourself you need to sit in therapy before you give yourself a hot bath and a slice of the razor. Seriously.
go fuck yourself and the horse you rode in on
I agree with Gonz on half of that. I support masturbation in all it's self-pleasuring forms, but bestiality is just gross.