My poor baby ...

kuulani

... was stung by a yellow jacket over his right eyebrow!! Thank the gods he's not allergic to the sting, but his eyes still puffed right up! :(

He supposed to start school tomorrow, but I wanna keep him home - otherwise I'll have to beat up all the kids who tease him.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Awwwwwwwww that's awful! :(
Maybe it'll go down some before tomorrow, but I know what you mean.

Professur

Laundry blue (if you can find it) will take that down in half an hour. Wet the end of the block and rub the sting.

And if you can find some, send me a block. It's been over a decade since I last saw any.

tonksy

Nasty as it sounds, wet tobacco takes the sting right out. Of course, it's probably too late for that.
Poor baby :(

kuulani

Laundry blue (if you can find it) will take that down in half an hour. Wet the end of the block and rub the sting.

And if you can find some, send me a block. It's been over a decade since I last saw any.

Is this it?

Do you have to apply it right away, or anytime it's swollen?
I asked the doctor how to reduce the swelling faster, and she couldn't answer me :(

*needs to stock up*

A.B.Normal

What's a yellow jacket? *glad not got them in blighty*

yellow-jacket~s180x360.jpg

Altron

Ouch... your poor poorly little un Ku... give him a cuddle from me!

What's a yellow jacket? *glad not got them in blighty*

it's a bee... a very stingy kind of bee.

edit: actually, wikipedia classifies them as 'wasps'... i didn't know that they were protestant

kuulani

That pic you posted of the yellow jacket was how they all looked after we killed the nest!! Bastards!! We found their nest in the corner of our roof.

We loaded him up with Benadryl from the moment he got the sting. Thankfully we had a bottle of it at home!!

He looks better today ... he's almost lost all of his puffiness :)

Professur

It's the solid cube I was told. It works whenever it's still a sting, so I'd presume anytime the hole's still open.

I've got yellowjackets all over and they never seem to bother with me. I've also got these neat digger wasps about the size of a small cricket, and these huge gun metal blue mothers that appear to be as dumb as a sack of hammers.

Inkara1

Well, from that link, it looks like laundry blue is easy to find in liquid form but would have to be bought online somehow if you want the solid block.

kuulani

It's the solid cube I was told. It works whenever it's still a sting, so I'd presume anytime the hole's still open.

I've got yellowjackets all over and they never seem to bother with me. I've also got these neat digger wasps about the size of a small cricket, and these huge gun metal blue mothers that appear to be as dumb as a sack of hammers.

Yup, you better stock up with the blue stuff!

BlurOfSerenity

i got stung by a wasp on my leg when i was 12, and it swelled up HUGE... my mom made a paste with water and MSG and it worked WONDERS.