My TV hates my DVD player

Red white are audio and yellow is video. Look at the TV set itself if the remote is not the original, it might have a small control panel somewhere that has the proper controls.

chcr

Too cute for words
Just a note, when I switched from component video (the yellow wire) to s-video, I though it made quite a difference. :D

alex

btw Q, if your using component video output from the DVD, all three of those cables are video. Audio will be different cables.

alex

These aren't the old red/blue/green BNC connectors like what used to be on old monitors. Component video delivers a higher quality picture that S-video. Read this.

:lol: i've mostly only seen those with S/Video and Composite out i'm afraid, i messed with mostly computer DVD and media systems recently though. What threw me off was you saying that the red and white would be component, those are only usually composite audio/video out colour formats (well the white and yellow anyhow).

alex

If they have component out, they usually have composite out as well in case you have a TV that doesn't have component in, in which case you have to use composite out cause you don't have component in :tardbang: