Nam Prik Pao

2minkey

bootlicker
well i'm always complaining that they give me 'white boy hot' regardless of what 'heat level' i order at local thai eateries, so's maybe i should check that shit out.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
well i'm always complaining that they give me 'white boy hot' regardless of what 'heat level' i order at local thai eateries, so's maybe i should check that shit out.

Or you could make your own. :shrug: As I recall, there are quite a few nice Chinese restaurants in the Sea-Tac area. Shop around until you find one willing to give you more than the 'white boy' heat. If you are into serious heat, I'd also suggest bringing some of your own. :devious: They hate that, and will give you sauce that'll melt your eyeballs. (the good stuff) :grinyes:

Gato_Solo

Yeah, even when you ask for non-white-boy-hot, they still give it to you. What gives?

Its common knowledge that the taste buds of the average caucasian can't take more than a jalapeno on the heat scale. :lol2:

or was that a racist comment? ;)

Inkara1

I'm guessing some gringo a long time ago asked for the hot stuff, got it and went to the hospital. Now gringos everywhere are still paying the price.

unclehobart

Tonks and I went to a Pizza parlor last night. We order a pie with some semblance of jalapenos on it like every 5th time or so. Normally it has fairly mild heat and ends up being a bit sweet... but last night... woof! It was some spicy, biting peppers piled high on that pie. I was impressed.

woodman19_99

I'm a big fan of pepperoni and jalapeno pizza... good "meaty" flavor with a little bit of a nip to it... quite tasty.

tonksy

This was a steak and cheese white pie with jalapenos instead of green peppers so we were eating steak, onions, mushroom and jalapenos with a ricotta and herb sauce.

BeardofPants

When you guys say that you have jalapenos on yer pizzas, are they fresh or are they brined (we only ever get the brined and I can not imagine that flavour mixing very well with ricotta)?

Inkara1

Out of the can and pre-sliced. I guess that's what you call brined... but also, pizzas generally don't have ricotta cheese here. It's usually, in the US at least, monterey jack and/or cheddar.

BeardofPants

Brine = salt-water - so the jalapenos always have a slight taste of the brine on the pizzas & ricotta's kinda a delicate flavour. Not two I'd mix at first blush.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Peppers are so easy to grow the eateries ought to buy fresh. Canned is for winter emergency use only.

I use our dehydrator to quick dry peppers for chili powder. We are all used to it but when people come in from the outside...it's fun to watch the reaction.

Gato_Solo

Dried jalapenos lose enough of their heat to go from mild to unnoticable. Habaneros, OTOH...:grinyes:

Gato_Solo

Thai Dragon

Those little ones? I've only had them fresh. :shrug:

I brought some back from overseas once in a plastic bag in my pocket. What I didn't know was that the bag had a small hole in it...until 30 minutes into the flight when one of the chilies broke, and got my leg damp. It was...from that point on...a very uncomfortable trip. :errrr:

tonksy

Brine = salt-water - so the jalapenos always have a slight taste of the brine on the pizzas & ricotta's kinda a delicate flavour. Not two I'd mix at first blush.

This brand is brined but not overly so...more like a fresh jalapeno pickle.
They also put the jalapenos on top of the cheese so they roast a bit in the oven. The flavor is actually a nice contrast to the ricotta.
We like it anyway =D