New Yorker Cover

Cerise

080713_nyorkercover.jpg

It's a parody by the magazines of the "right's perceptions" of the Obamas.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0708/11719.html

Obama's campaign is whining about it. The cover is tastless and offensive.

Then there are all those the big-eared, beady-eyed, chimp-faced satires of GWB.

Or all the jokes, comments, t-shirts, and protest signs that depict President Bush gunned down, decapitated, or otherwise snuffed out.

Obama---time to stop being so offended and grow a pair.

:rolleyes:

tonksy

They're all tacky. This one is worse than the others....and I'm not even a big fan of Obama's.

ClarabellaUK

I always thinks its a real shame when people point out that the subject has been already discussed...

Some of us don't search... or perhaps aren't here often enough to know!

Just merge em!

Its OTC... can't we talk about the same thing twice? :swing:

No offence like... Marc... you're still got in there first! :kiss:

MrBishop

:shrug: - I can't merge nuthin', hon. I'm 'little people' on here :)

I was just pointing it out. By all means, post on both :D

Cerise

:eek:

Still, it's interesting how everything is off limits when it comes to the Obama: his wife, his kids, his ears, his Muslim upbringing, his birth certificate, his relationships with Rezko, with Wright, with members of the Weather Underground, with Farakahn, the flag pin, the pledge of allegiance, his inexperience, his liberal senate record---even the Che flag.

What does he want to hide?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
It could be that we are ignoring the blown out of proportion stories, and the outright lies people are telling about Obama.

tonksy

Nah...but then the election will be a fait accompli and we can get back to the normal president bashing.

catocom

when i first saw it, I though it was Cynthia McKinney, and Osama B.

I was trying to figure out how she got so much billing. :p

BlurOfSerenity

i think the craziest thing is how the new yorker says this is to make fun of the fact people feel this way about him... what the fuck were they thinking?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It could be that we are ignoring the blown out of proportion stories, and the outright lies people are telling about Obama.

Which ones aer those? So far, he's putting his foot in his mouth enough to not have to make up shit.