NFL week 7

Inkara1

Only early game on the TV here for me is Giants/49ers. I got a little chuckle out of the 49ers sacking Eli at the two-yard line, followed by a blocked punt out of the back of the end zone for a safety. :D

Inkara1

It seems like the Raiders are trying to drive away their fan base by pissing them off every week.

unclehobart

I wasn't home all at yesterday. All I managed to see was the Steelers-Broncos game at night. The Steelers would have won it if they hadn't ponied up the ball so many times.

woodman19_99

I know the Pats won handily, but I REALLY don't like seeing the fins put up 28 points, even if 7 of those were handed to them by Cassel. I wanted more dammit!

Inkara1

Think Belichick is running up the score a bit ever since the "Cheaties box" picture started going around the internet? How did you like his "I had to run up the score because they might have gotten two fumbles and two touchdowns and then it would have been a game" line?

woodman19_99

I loved every second of that interview. It's true though, 21 point swings do happen, they're just kinda rare is all...

I think this is gonna be a big F U season from the Pats to the rest of the league this season...

Oh yeah, best trade in the history of football? Randy Moss for a 4th round pick.

unclehobart

The best trade in football history is still Herschel Walker going to Minnesota from Dallas. The Cowboys made out like fat rats. It was the pivotal trade that allowed them to set up their mid-late 90's dominant dynasty team.

Dallas gained two linebackers, Jesse Solomon, and David Howard; a cornerback, Issiac Holt; a running back, Darrin Nelson; a defensive end, Alex Stewart; a first-round draft choice and six conditional choices spread over the next three years.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
That surprised the hell out of the rest of us. I guess that Baltimore offensive line doesn't have very effective Bill collectors.

Dunno...I was kinda drunk and spending alot of time people watching...

woodman19_99

The Ravens are so friggin bad on offense. They are averaging 17 points agains such stellar defenses as Cincy, the Jets, Arizona, Cleveland, San Fran, St. Louis, and Buffalo.... what a friggin schedule... And the sad part is, they are so LUCKY to be above .500 right now...

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
And let me say something righ'cheer, right now.

I am not, have never been, nor will I ever BE a Peyton Manning fan. I have considered him significantly overrated, particularly in big games, for as long as he has played college or pro ball. But. That pass to Reggie Wayne, last play of the 3rd quarter last night, would have to be one of the best passes I've ever seen. The defense could not have done one thing more to stop it, it had to be perfect in timing, trajectory, speed, you name it, and the receiver would still have to make an unbelievable catch. He did. It beats hell out of Montana to Clark. It was far superior to Randy Moss' one-handed double-covered TD against the Fins. Moss' snag was good, but nothing like that one to Wayne. Completely indefensable.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I wasn't home all at yesterday. All I managed to see was the Steelers-Broncos game at night. The Steelers would have won it if they hadn't ponied up the ball so many times.

I'm really starting to hate AFN. They've only managed to show two Steelers games this year...and guess which ones they showed. I'd rather not watch at all than to see 'my' team lose...:grumpy: