No one is eating my bird...

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Preparing a 21 pound turkey and suddenly, everyone's plans changed. Looks like I'm eating alone this Thanksgiving. :rolleyes: Well, at least I can be less conventional...Anyone have any killer recipes for stuffing?

Jeslek

Banned
Squiggy said:
Preparing a 21 pound turkey and suddenly, everyone's plans changed. Looks like I'm eating alone this Thanksgiving. :rolleyes: Well, at least I can be less conventional...Anyone have any killer recipes for stuffing?
Ah man, that sucks :( Can I offer you a hug to cheer you up? :)

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Why thank you LL..er...Jerrek...er...L L... :confuse3: I'll take the hug and then I have to go get the StoveTop...

halamikage

Oh Squiggy :(
:hug:
You can spend Thanksgiving with me & my family. And you can bring your turkey too. There can never be too much birds on the table with the size of my family. :D

unclehobart

10 cups of bread crumbs... hmm... like 2 cups of chicken broth, minced celery, minced clams, minced onion... hmm.. I need to call dad on this one. Its his killer recipe.

unclehobart

theyre ground into an absolute mist. and mixed into the celery onion mash before its all stirred into the bread. It really does work. It just a few of them... but they add so much to it and you cant tell that they even exist.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
cook the neck & giblets in very little water-combine the juice from that & cut the neck up, add to lots of very dried bread or unseasoned croutons, cooked wild rice, lots of sage, oniion, celery, put it all together-stick it in the bird & go.

21lbs all by yourself? You'll have to try almost every type of turkry leftover recipe to get rid of it.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Gonz, thats pretty conventional. I think I'm going to add fried (carmelised) mushrooms and a few oysters ...if I can get the oysters by morning.

BTW, I didn't know that was the neck...I thought it was .....nevermind... :D

unclehobart

I hope you have a food processor or some other way to turn the oysters into a fine mist... otherwise it would probably turn out wrong.