Now look where we are...

Squiggy

ThunderDick
This is too funny...:rofl3:

Israeli Police Say London Road Signs Distracting

Jan 2, 10:39 am ET
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli police were not amused by a British Airways advertising campaign that placed hundreds of road signs in Israeli cities directing drivers to Buckingham Palace and other London landmarks.

"They look very much like official traffic signs and we think they may confuse drivers," a police spokesman said on Tuesday. He said police had written to the airline and municipalities to demand their removal.

British Airways said the signs -- right turn for Hyde Park, left for the London Eye and straight on for Buckingham Palace -- would come down anyway Wednesday at the end of a two-week "London is closer than you think" campaign.

Funny...and rather elaborate. Outside of Fairbanks is a place which i'm sure many of you have heard of called North Pole(Alaska). I've always loved the street names there. Names like thisa way and thatta way. No kidding, there's a bunch of them like that.

I've always wondered why they named the town that, when it's what, 500 or 600 miles to the northern shore, then probably a few hundred more miles to the actual north pole?

Inkara1 said:
I've always wondered why they named the town that, when it's what, 500 or 600 miles to the northern shore, then probably a few hundred more miles to the actual north pole?

Well from a business perspective it's brilliant. Tens of thousands flock there every year for the excitement only to find a 50 foot santa claus in the middle of an arctic desert and little else. I worked there for awhile and...well it sucks.

Back