nthony Weiner calls out Republicans for blocking aid to 9/11 workers

spike

So? The (D)'s had no need for an (R) vote.

Gonz it didn't pass because of all the (R) who voted against it. You have to hold them accountable for their votes. Those who voted No, all of them (even the few Dems), are responsible.

A democratic majority doesn't let the R's off the hook from doing their job and voting for what's right.

Considering the package, it was not in the best interest of the US nor the responders.

You come up with any reason why this wasn't in the best interest of the responders yet?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Gonz it didn't pass because of all the (R) who voted against it.

Incorrect. It didn't pass because of the (D)'s who voted against it.

They have a full majority. They do not need (R) votes. So, if (D)'s also voted agsinst it, somethin must be wrong with it.

spike

Incorrect. It didn't pass because of the (D)'s who voted against it.

Wrong, it didn't pass because of anyone that didn't vote for it. That would be 4-5 democrats and 155 republicans. Clearly the republicans are primarily responsible.

They have a full majority. They do not need (R) votes. So, if (D)'s also voted agsinst it, somethin must be wrong with it.

Your mistake is thinking of R and D as big voting blocks who must always vote along party lines. More Rs voted for it that Ds voted against it, by your logic that means there must be something wrong with it.

Rs still need to do their job. Unless you think all the Rs should just be sent home unless they get the majority back.

All people are responsible for their vote. We have 155 Republicans to blame and 4-5 Dems.

spike

The Rs are obviously trying to block anything an everything good or bad does not matter to them.

Cloture_Voting_U.S._Senate_1947_to_2008-1.jpeg

"As the chart above cited in January by The Atlantic's James Fallows shows, the number of cloture motions requiring a Senate supermajority of 60 votes is simply unprecedented in American history. And with 290 bills stalled in the Senate, Republicans have made sure that the route to passing legislation is more blocked than Dick Cheney's arteries. As the AP put it:

The frequency of filibusters -- plus threats to use them -- are measured by the number of times the upper chamber votes on cloture. Such votes test the majority's ability to hold together 60 members to break a filibuster.
Last year, the first of the 111th Congress, there were a record 112 cloture votes. In the first two months of 2010, the number already exceeds 40.

That means, with 10 months left to run in the 111th Congress, Republicans have turned to the filibuster or threatened its use at a pace that will more than triple the old record."

http://www.perrspectives.com/blog/archives/001777.htm

Winky

Republicans murder all the 9-11 responders ten years on

We are right you are wrong and
we are idiots for even talking to you.

but I do like the blame Nancy idea

2db9evq.jpg

spike

Re: Republicans murder all the 9-11 responders ten years on

We are right you are wrong

The facts aren't supporting you. That doesn't matter though since you don't care much for facts right?

Shit you thought it was supposed to be about firemen and no democrats had signed onto it. :laugh:

Winky

Oh that’s exactly what I thought
I didn know what I thought till
I signed on here and had you tell me what I thought!

Have you finished reading the 248 pages yet?

spike

Oh that’s exactly what I thought
I didn know what I thought till
I signed on here and had you tell me what I thought!

If you look back at the thread there was actually nowhere where I told you what you thought. You made up shit for some reason that never actually happened. How does this go down in your head?

Have you finished reading the 248 pages yet?

I'm done. What page are you on? I'm glad to compare notes if you have some specific concern.

Winky

Anthony Weiner representin' since 1999

I have no concerns at all.
I’m just gonna go on making shit up.
And vote a straight Republican ticket in November.

catocom

looks to me like anybody 'working' for "Centers of Excellence" could
potentially do anything they want and draw a paycheck...
shoot pool, lay on the beach drinking and getting some sun, go on a crusie...

As usual no checks on the checkers.
It seems this admin says "We have to regulate you, but WE don't need any oversight".

I see to that this is just the bill, and any amendments are not present.
Of coarse I have no proof that any were going to be added, but there's talk.
That's another story though.

spike

Re: Anthony Weiner representin' since 1999

I’m just gonna go on making shit up.

Well I figured that. I'll just go on pointing it out when you do.

And vote a straight Republican ticket in November.

Ah, the unthinking voter. I imagine the RINOs love fooling you over and over again.

spike

looks to me like anybody 'working' for "Centers of Excellence" could
potentially do anything they want and draw a paycheck...
shoot pool, lay on the beach drinking and getting some sun, go on a crusie...

There's nothing in Gonz's link to indicate that.

As usual no checks on the checkers.

Where'd you get that from?

It seems this admin says "We have to regulate you, but WE don't need any oversight".

The bill isn't about regulation. It's about giving aid to the 9/11 patriots. Are you looking at the thing you quoted?

I see to that this is just the bill, and any amendments are not present.

Yep, that's what these bastards voted against.

catocom

There's nothing in Gonz's link to indicate that.

Where'd you get that from?

The bill isn't about regulation. It's about giving aid to the 9/11 patriots. Are you looking at the thing you quoted?

yep, I looked closer than you did apparently.
If you can't see it, you won't see it.
There nothing left for me to do here.
It's trash not. Deal with it.
If they want to do it right, and give those people the money, and keep their
own grubby hands out of it, it'll go through.

catocom

How about this....
Give Gov. Christie 5 billion, and let him distribute it, and see how far it goes.

spike

If you can't see it, you won't see it.

How about you just quote the part you're referring to so we don't have to assume you're making up things? That's easy enough.

It's trash not. Deal with it.

What does that mean?

If they want to do it right, and give those people the money, and keep their
own grubby hands out of it, it'll go through.

Maybe you could back up your statement with some evidence that they weren't keeping their grubby hands out of it. Otherwise it looks like you made it up.

catocom

How about you just quote the part you're referring to so we don't have to assume you're making up things? That's easy enough.

What does that mean?

Maybe you could back up your statement with some evidence that they weren't keeping their grubby hands out of it. Otherwise it looks like you made it up.

The whole thing just about.
Everywhere you se "Centers of Excellence" is code for kickback.
Take them out of it, and we can talk.

I don't know where the word "not" came from.....should just read....
"It's trash"

spike

The whole thing just about.
Everywhere you se "Centers of Excellence" is code for kickback.

Looks like a list of some of the service providers they can go to.

"a list of the Clinical Centers of
Excellence and other providers that are participating in the program."

You're going to have to show me the evidence you found that this is code for kickback.