nthony Weiner calls out Republicans for blocking aid to 9/11 workers

jimpeel

The charities were able to handle these things in the past. Then came abrogation and abdication.

The government abrogated the responsibilities of the charities; and the charities abdicated that authority to the government.

A lose / lose situation.

spike

The charities were able to handle these things in the past. Then came abrogation and abdication.

No, charities really never could handle everything. Always been kinda hit or miss.

The government abrogated the responsibilities of the charities; and the charities abdicated that authority to the government.

No, there's still plenty of charities. Probably more then ever. They just can't be depended to handle everything.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
B Franklin said:
I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.

spike

I'm all for leading people out of poverty.

Doesn't really have anything to do with the 9/11 workers though.

Winky

Next you’ll be leading the Jews out of Egypt!

What a nutball.

2h5rzm9.jpg

spike

Gonz posted the Ben Franklin quote. I'm not sure if you're calling Gonz or Ben Franklin a nutball. Which is it?

spike

Holy shit, don't tell me you actually missed Gonz's Ben Franklin quote even after I specifically mentioned it.

That would be way beyond just slow. I'm gonna assume there's some other explanation for the moment while you explain.

Winky

Republicans although out of power are still to blame

Yes I am here to explain things to you.
Tiresome as that may be.
Lead anyone out of poverty today?

catocom

yeah it's really really tough to lead someone out of poverty, when one
is in poverty them self.

"I never worked of a poor man" (professionally)

spike

Re: Republicans although out of power are still to blame

Yes I am here to explain things to you.

So far I've been explaining things to you. Like that the bill isn't just about firemen, that most democrats signed onto it, and that Gonz posted a Ben Franklin quote about leading people out of poverty.

We can't have you explaining anything until you stop getting these basic things wrong.

catocom

How about any proof of a kickback?

and what is Your definition of a "kickback"?

(I just want to make sure we're on the same page on the definitions, what
with all the changes in wording that's going on these days.)

Gotholic

The bill isn't about regulation. It's about giving aid to the 9/11 patriots. Are you looking at the thing you quoted?

Yep, that's what these bastards voted against.

"To amend the Public Health Service Act to extend and improve protections
and services to individuals directly impacted by the terrorist attack in
New York City on September 11, 2001, and for other purposes."

Then what is the "other purposes" headlined on the bill refer to?

catocom

hmm, well spike...new info has come to my attention.

Let's wait and see what the next bill on that subject looks like.
No since in beating a dead horse, and this one is dead.