Obama does Biden

jimpeel

Actually, no you can't. It's one indicator. It's not proof because it doesn't always happen and can be controlled.

Prosecutor: Mr. Blake, did you kill your wife?
Robert Blake: No, I would never have hurt Bonny and I certainly didn't kill her.
Prosecutor: Well, you didn't blink so I suppose you must be telling the truth. We'll have to let you go. Case closed.

The FBI, CIA, NSA, MI5, Scotland Yard, and police departments throughout the world use the blink rate as an indicator of deception. Officers in the field watch the eyes to see if the blink rate is elevated or increases to certain stimuli or questions.

You can't wish the science into the cornfield.

jimpeel

Shows nothing. He was browbeating and berating the cops, attempting to incite onlookers, and acting irrationally.

Ah, and cops who are aware of this might pay attrention to their own blinking.

+1 on that one.

Great. You're on the side of the white supremacists.

Hollow accusations are just that -- hollow accusations made by those who are desperate and have run out of things to say.

I see. I took that directly from your logic "If he's not a Leftist, why is he siding with Leftists". It looks like you're finally admitting how screwed up your logic was there. Right?

He IS a Leftist. He associates with known terrorists; he was trained by Alinsky; he sat in the pews of the Rev. Wright; he is cozying up to Chavez, Castro, Zelaya, et al; and his policies are Leftist policies. Argue that all you want but you already responded to that thread with this:

"3. Who ever said that Obama isn't on the left? That's why we voted for him."

jimpeel

Gates was charged with violating Chapter 272, Section 53 of Massachusetts' state code, which reads in full:

Common night walkers, common street walkers, both male and female, common railers and brawlers, persons who with offensive and disorderly acts or language accost or annoy persons of the opposite sex, lewd, wanton and lascivious persons in speech or behavior, idle and disorderly persons, disturbers of the peace, keepers of noisy and disorderly houses, and persons guilty of indecent exposure may be punished by imprisonment in a jail or house of correction for not more than six months, or by a fine of not more than two hundred dollars, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

Gates is clearly not a street walker, railer, or brawler.

But he a person who was a disturber of the peace. All you need to be arrested under that law is one of the things on the list. Disturbing the peace is on the list.

Trying to pluck any of the other offenses from the list, and using them to describe Gates, is a straw man argument.

spike

Shows nothing. He was browbeating and berating the cops, attempting to incite onlookers, and acting irrationally.

Yep, all understandable reactions after being hassled by police in your own home. Nothing illegal.

Hollow accusations are just that -- hollow accusations made by those who are desperate and have run out of things to say.{/quote]

Are you saying "you're siding with the race baiters" is somehow a less hollow accusation then "you're siding with the white supremacists". If one is valid the other is too.

He IS a Leftist.

Nobody is denying that Obama is on the left. That's a good quality.

However, your logic is what's at issue here. "If he's not a Leftist, why is he siding with Leftists" translates perfectly to "If you're not a white supremacist, why are you siding with white supremacists".

You stuffed 3 logical fallacies into that one sentence but I'm only focusing on one of them at the moment. Either admit your logic was screwed up or tell us you're a white supremacist.

Which one is it?

spike

Its not like there hasn't been a dearth of studies on eye blink rates and deception

Which people are aware of. Which is why this doesn't work.

Robert Blake: No, I would never have hurt Bonny and I certainly didn't kill her.
Prosecutor: Well, you didn't blink so I suppose you must be telling the truth. We'll have to let you go. Case closed.

You can't wish the facts into the cornfield. Blink rates are unreliable. Not admissible in court. Even if they were useful it would only prove that in these cops opinions, they don't think he is racist. Really doesn't matter.

jimpeel

Which people are aware of. Which is why this doesn't work.

You can't wish the facts into the cornfield. Blink rates are unreliable. Not admissible in court. Even if they were useful it would only prove that in these cops opinions, they don't think he is racist. Really doesn't matter.

Nice straw man. Eye blink rate is an indicator, not proof positive. Of course, in your effort at diversion, you take the thing to, what would be for other people, unimaginable heights; but then -- there's you.

spike

Nice straw man. Eye blink rate is an indicator, not proof positive.

Weird, that's pretty close to what I already said Jim. Yet you're acting like you're disagreeing with me.

spike: "It's one indicator. It's not proof"

I noticed you ignored my question again.