oh noes electric car woes

2minkey

bootlicker
"i'm your turbo lover. tell me there's no other."

wow great job picking out the first in a series of ultra gay judas priest albums.

i prefer the older stuff.

2minkey

bootlicker
i guess i kinda tuned them out after turbo. same thing with iron maiden after, say, powerslave... IIRC...

i really wish bands would quit before they go cheez or just repeat themselves ad nauseum. but, then, if they can still scrape some dollars with cheez, i guess i can't argue...

i saw maiden and spinal tap on adjacent evenings at the same venue (boss at the time had tickets to bloody everything, and she wasn't going to that shit)... they were too similar. maiden had just gotten the new guitar player and he was doing all kinds of dumb stage stunts...

now i listen to meshuggah a lot, who i appreciate from a technical standpoint (the boys be playing in different time signatures at the same time). it's cool once you get good at ignoring the "puking" vocals, though some of the vocal timings are pretty cool.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Yep, after, say, 35, turn in your performance shows & put on a producers hat, or go sit on a beach. RnR is a
young mans sport.

But, as long as these idiots keep paying $125.00 to see 75 year old has-beens, we're stuck with it. The most recent band I've come to like is Five Finger Death Punch. I want to like Halestorm, but there's too much pop in their tunes.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Ted needs to run for Prez of the NRA or something. He's back to being a bar band (although, with Derek back in the lineup, it's a good sound)

catocom

"i'm your turbo lover. tell me there's no other."

wow great job picking out the first in a series of ultra gay judas priest albums.

i prefer the older stuff.

Yeah, I bought the Metal Works set when it first came out on cd,
but it just wasn't as good as Screaming for Vengeance.
I still like those oldies, even when Rob Halford did come out of the closet.

2minkey

bootlicker
you gotta wonder how it took so long for him to be outed. gonz how far back would you say the rumors stretched?

catocom

I think it was because of the way he looked.
Rob himself said he couldn't believe how long it took for people to
figure it out.
His songs actually had dual, or multiple meanings.
His being completely different from most of the crowds'.
The rest of the band claimed they didn't even know.

2minkey

bootlicker
the way he looked? shit the other guys with the hair looked more like a girl than he did. and they all wore that faggy leather and spikes shit.

do you own chaps?

i doubt very much the songs had dual meanings. is "the ripper" also about him taking a dong that was too big and gettin' all torn'd up? i doubt it.

Winky

I'm growin' my hair out
goin' for something like what the lead geetarist has
gonna embrace my second childhood
like when I was a teenager in the 70's
now If I could just pick up again with the heavy drug use I'd be really happening eh ?!?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
you gotta wonder how it took so long for him to be outed. gonz how far back would you say the rumors stretched?

we were hanging out in 1983....everyone KNEW, nobody cared.

He looked more like a fag when he was wearing the white satin jacket in 1975

Winky

Seventy percent of the country is Christian, roughly half the country supports the Republican Party
and forty percent of Americans are conservative

2minkey

bootlicker
we were hanging out in 1983....everyone KNEW, nobody cared.

He looked more like a fag when he was wearing the white satin jacket in 1975

that cannot be argued.

i saw them play maybe 3-4 years ago. the venue was a concrete shitcan, so the sound was muy malo. rob was sounding old, and glenn tipton was half dead from a stomach virus. but the crowd sure dug it. myself inclusive.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I've seen several things Rob's done (including JP stuff) recently & age has caught up.
But, he knows how to command am audience. I found a late 80's full concert on youtube,
at their prime. Damn they were good. He was on some stupid metal award show a couple
weeks ago, he sang with Metallica & someone else. Obvious nasty issues with his back/hips/knees,
something. Age has caught up with all my old friends. Ted needs both knees replaced. No more
jumping off the amps during Motor City Madhouse. Watch Steven Tyler walk, his knees belong
on an 80 year old, wait, that's almost his age. Lemmy is finally looking like his lifestyle has caught
up with him.

aging sux

Winky

2rmqn37.jpg