OI! Canadians!!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
:rolleyes: idiot sister in law (hubby's sister) she's recently gone through for web design so thinks she is brilliant and quite the computer expert. We went for a few weeks with her telling me to get msn messenger and I kept saying no, finally I gave her a huge rant about ms and my damnable IE and that i will not contribute one red cent to ms, even the cent that would come from them selling advertisment from my membership. That shut her up. So I am not in any frame of mind to tell her about the emails lol, I'll just keep bugging you. :p

addition to this - hubbys aunt just got our address and now sends us 5 or 6 things a day, the sister in law gets them and forwards them to all on her address book so we get them again AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
5.5 that's kind of big, isn't it? don't know much about Richter and it's relativity. But it says no damage again, so I guess not that big. *insert shrug smile*

ris

the worst people who know nothing and think they know everything

my almost mother-in-law refuses all offers of help or advice with their machine. but the moment they want somehtng [virus scanner, firewall, soon i think it'll be a home network] then they come knocking.

it's amazing how busy you can be when you wan tto be ;). they live 40 mins away and i don't think i've seen them since christmas D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
They live about 3 hrs away, see them maybe once a year. My family and the rest of his live further and we see them all at least monthly. I know what you're saying lol.

ris

i'm off now, see you later everbode

down the cash and carry for some cheap booze and clothes :)

greenfreak

Holy shit I knew I wasn't crazy...

Earthquake shakes New York state, felt in Connecticut

NEW YORK (AP) - An earthquake woke up residents of upstate New York early Saturday, with people reporting their houses shaking in neighboring states. There were no reports of injuries or damages.

William Ott, a seismologist at Weston Observatory at Boston College, said the quake measured 5.1 on the Richter scale. The epicenter was about 15 miles ( 24 kilometers) southwest of Plattsburgh, New York, he said. He said the quake was recorded at 6:50 a.m. (1050 GMT).

Paul Delaney, a staff member at the New York State Emergency Management Office in Albany, New York, said his office had also confirmed an earthquake.

"I was getting out of the shower and the mirror was shaking. The whole house was shaking,'' said Darlene Conklin, a resident of Hopewell Junction in upstate New York. "My husband was watching TV, and he felt the couch shaking. You could see the doors shaking, the walls trembling.''

She said the temblor lasted for close to a minute. Residents of upstate Lake Placid, New York, as well as Collinsville, Connecticut, a village near Hartford, Connecticut, also reported being awakened by their houses shaking.- AP

CNN-NY earthquake

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Yeah, our news is now saying it was in New York, felt mainly in Quebec area, but also felt in Toronto. I never felt anything, I'm about 45 minutes northwest of TO. Bet Nix felt it too if she's in Brampton (just outside Toronto)

equinoxe3d

Yeah, I haven't felt the earthquake, was sleeping pretty hard :D. The weird thing with those earthquakes is that they don't last the same time depending on the place; at the news this morning they said it lasted around 15 seconds around NY, and some people from Saguenay (north of Quebec) said it lasted 1 minute ?( It was around 5.1 on Richter scale at NY and around 5.5 here. Guess we're all fu**** up :D

greenfreak

It would stand to reason that the farther away you are from the quake, the less you'll feel it. So those times might be right-it may have lasted longer but we just didn't feel it this far south because it had dissipated. I tried to pay attention to see if there were any aftershocks but I didn't feel anything else.