Oil spill progression

spike

bzj89.jpg

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
GW had Air Guard on the tarmac & Humvee's on the border. LA declined.

Obama played golf & then claimed to be there.

catocom

just seems strange to me, that this so closely follows 2 coal mine disasters.

Send kennedy jr down there, He'll fix it fur sure, fur sure.

MrBishop

GW had Air Guard on the tarmac & Humvee's on the border. LA declined.

Obama played golf & then claimed to be there.

1) Who or what is GW?
2) What can Airplanes and HumVees do against an oil spill (other than burn fuel)?
3) There are plenty of pics and quotes from him being there... playing golf, somehow I think not? Prove me wrong.

Cerise

(DAY 1) Tuesday, April 20:
The MODU Deepwater Horizon deep-water oil drilling rig explodes and catches fire in the Gulf of Mexico at about 10 p.m. 126 people were on board, 11 go missing and at least 15 are injured.

(DAY 2) Wednesday, April 21:
The U.S. Coast Guard holds a news conference to discuss the explosion and those missing.

(DAY 3) Thursday, April 22:
About 100 survivors from the explosion arrive on shore. Deepwater Horizon sinks into the Gulf of Mexico.
0bama delivers a speech on Wall Street to advocate more government intervention in the country's financial sector. He also delivers a speech regarding the contributions of Earth Day to environmental awareness.

(DAY 4) Friday, April 23:
The U.S. Coast Guard says no oil is leaking from the undersea well at the Deepwater Horizon site. Obama blasts the Arizona governor, state legislators, police officers and residents for backing federal laws that prohibit illegal immigration. Barack and Michelle arrive in North Carolina at 1:30pm for a weekend vacation. They go hiking, eat ribs, and the President plays golf.

(DAY 5) Saturday, April 24:
Contrary to what the U.S. Coast Guard said the previous day, oil is leaking from the undersea well at the Deepwater Horizon site at a rate of about 1,000 barrels per day, or 42,000 gallons. 0bama delivers his weekly radio address, which focuses on further regulation of Wall Street. He also calls upon African-Americans, Latinos, Hispanics, and women, asking them to mobilize for political action.

(DAY 6) Sunday, April 25:
Robot subs are used to try to stop the leak, which continues at a rate of about 42,000 gallons per day. 0bama interrupts a weekend vacation to meet with the Rev. Billy Graham in North Carolina. He also speaks at memorial service for the 29 miners killed in the WV coal mine disaster.

(DAY 7) Monday, April 26:
0bama welcomes the World Series Champion New York Yankees to the White House to honor their 2009 season.

(DAY 8) Tuesday, April 27:
0bama continues the White House to Main Street tour with stops in Iowa.

(DAY 9) Wednesday, April 28:
Crews begin controlled burn of oil. The NOAA announces that five times as much oil (210,000 gallons) is spewing in the Gulf of Mexico than originally thought. A new leak is discovered, as well, bringing the total to three. 0bama continues the White House to Main Street tour with stops in Missouri and Illinois. 0bama holds a rare, impromptu press conference on Air Force One, addressing "questions on the Arizona immigration law, the financial regulation bill and other issues."

(DAY 10) Thursday, April 29:
0bama delivers remarks at Dorothy Height's funeral at the National Cathedral. In the evening, 0bama attends a DNC fundraising dinner at a private residence in DC.

(DAY 11) Friday, April 30:
The Louisiana National Guard prepares to send communication equipment, boats, all-terrain vehicles and other equipment to help combat the oil spill. 0bama travels to the James J. Rowley Secret Service Training Center in Beltsville, Maryland and observes training procedures.

(DAY 12) Saturday, May 1:
The 0bama admin names Adm. Thad Allen, the retiring U.S. Coast Guard commandant who directed recovery operations during Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, to direct Gulf of Mexico oil spill response. 0bamadelivers the commencement address at the University of Michigan. In the evening, they attend the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner.

(DAY 13) Sunday, May 2: 0bama travels to Gulf for update, assures Louisiana that oil spill has federal government's full attention.

(DAY 14) Monday, May 3: Chemicals at source reducing amount of oil spill reaching surface of Gulf, BP CEO Tony Hayward says.

sexxonvaldezlarge.jpg

0BAMA'S FAULT

Cerise

-1. Proved WRONG!

The White House said the Obamas had no plans while in North Carolina, other than golf....

(DAY 4) Friday, April 23:
The U.S. Coast Guard says no oil is leaking from the undersea well at the Deepwater Horizon site. Obama blasts the Arizona governor, state legislators, police officers and residents for backing federal laws that prohibit illegal immigration. Barack and Michelle arrive in North Carolina at 1:30pm for a weekend vacation. They go hiking, eat ribs, and the President plays golf.

The real point is that it took 0bozo TWELVE days to decide to even appoint someone to be in charge of the response, and THIRTEEN days for himself to get his ass down there. :shrug:

MrBishop

That's right. The day the Coast Guard reassured Obama that there was no leak, he was planning on going to N.Carolina and play golf.

The Special Opps were already on scene to see what the explosion was about AND checking to see other platforms were potentially threatened. The C.G. shot out an 'All clear' and the President took them at their word. :shrug:

What part of your own timeline don't you understand?

Cerise

Well, if you want to start from "Contrary to what the U.S. Coast Guard said the previous day, oil is leaking from the undersea well at the Deepwater Horizon site at a rate of about 1,000 barrels per day, or 42,000 gallons" the it only took him SEVEN days to appoint someone to oversee the response and EIGHT days for himself to get his ass down there.

Quite the improvement, don't you think? :rolleyes:

sexxonvaldezlarge.jpg

STILL 0BAMA'S FAULT

MrBishop

Well, if you want to start from "Contrary to what the U.S. Coast Guard said the previous day, oil is leaking from the undersea well at the Deepwater Horizon site at a rate of about 1,000 barrels per day, or 42,000 gallons" the it only took him SEVEN days to appoint someone to oversee the response and EIGHT days for himself to get his ass down there.
Oversee the response..which had been happening since they found out that it was going to be an issue...and even before.

Cerise

From

(DAY 5) Saturday, April 24

to

(DAY 12) Saturday, May 1

There was ZERO response, as evidenced by news and wh links to his itinerary.

valkyrie

no prob.

personally I didn't have any issues much with jfk jr.
That was just sad.

rfk jr is way more activist though, and not quite all there mentally imo.
Truth be told I don't know what RFK jr does. I had not heard of him before your post.

A lot of people mourned the passing of JFK jr... I'm sure it was sad for his family but I didn't know the guy so it was just another story on the news. None of the Kennedy's cried when my mother died and there's no reason for me to do that when one of them dies. Sorry... I am not touched by celebrity drama and death. These are not people who are dear to me.

valkyrie

That's right. The day the Coast Guard reassured Obama that there was no leak, he was planning on going to N.Carolina and play golf.

The Special Opps were already on scene to see what the explosion was about AND checking to see other platforms were potentially threatened. The C.G. shot out an 'All clear' and the President took them at their word. :shrug:

What part of your own timeline don't you understand?
Bish is right. Why would Pres. Obama go to LA if there was no crisis at the time? This makes no sense at all. Once a crisis was discovered (the oil leakage crisis) plans were changed and people were sent.

catocom

Truth be told I don't know what RFK jr does. I had not heard of him before your post.

Really?! wow
He's all over the place.
He was in front of the white house protesting around inauguration day about
coal being used to heat the white house.
He's a fanatic on the environment.
Nope you won't find a much 'Greenier' Green than than ol' Bob.