OMG...

Raven

Annoying SOB

I am a really, really horrible person.....

Right lets start at the beginning. The parties involved are my now former best mate Stephen, a girl called Jenna who we both like, beer and myself.

Right...

Last night I went out with Stephen for my bday and we were supposed to meet some of my other friends there but got there late and missed them. Anyways he drank the strongest drinks in the place as quickly as he could and the inevitable condition of him being absolutely slaughtered came about.

So like you do when you are in that condition he talked quite a bit and gave Jenna a call because we were going back to his place to drink more. Jenna was quite reluctant to come because she knew how he felt but she didnt feel the same way...but she came anyway to make him feel better. So we picked Jenna up from near her house in his mums car then went back to his place.

This where the problems start.

Jenna and myself got on like a house on fire and it turns out we quite like each other but I said about the way Stephen felt about her, maybe we shouldn't take it any further. But things did get taken further (not to far...just that we are gonna see each other again) and now Stephen feels like I betrayed him and stole his girlfriend...but he wasnt going out with her, and in her own words nothing was gonna happen between them anyways but I still cant help feeling amazingly awful.....

chcr

Too cute for words
If he's really your friend he'll get over it. Deep down, he probably knows it wasn't going anywhere, he just needs time to deal with it, IMHO.

Raven

Annoying SOB
Heres something I left out....

He says he loves her....but hes only met her 3 times edit:- in three years and the first time he ran from her....

He only asked her to come over to show her off to me.....

freako104

listen Stewy. you hurt your firend? well we all have hurt someone. not intentionally but it happens. besdies you said it in the first post mate. She didnt love him back. He will find someone else. i hope he doesnt end the friendship. best wishes there

chcr

Too cute for words
He needs to grow up. Nobody is in love with someone they've only really met twice.

Oz

He [stephen] will get over it........if he's met her three times and hasn't made a move he couldn't have been too serious about it anyway :shrug:

Man, I wish I was young again...........

Not really ;)

Raven

Annoying SOB
Thanks for the support Eric.
edit:- And everyone else

I need a slap around the face..GAH why am I beating myself up over this?

freako104

Stewy your welcome but to answer your second question: You are because you care about your friend and didnt want to hurt him.

Chic: People fall in love sometimes the same day. I was in love with my ex when I met her. SO it is possible.

tonksy

stewey, your friend will get over it or he isn't someone you need to be friends with...he's met her 2-3 times? pfft...love at first sight may be possible but it's highly suspect....and how can you fall in love with someone without them showing you affection, apprecation etc? not me... i think maybe it was the alcohol talking and not your friend.

Oz

tonks said:
i think maybe it was the alcohol talking and not your friend.

good point, we've all (or nearly all) done some hasty things while drunk :eh:

Give stephen a coupla days to get over his hangover blues and see what he says then.......

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Imagine if the situation were reversed, how would he feel dating her while you love her?

Now, 2 things:
1. You didn't betray him, he wasn't dating her.
2. She wasn't her girlfriend.

This guy should really understand that under those circumstances there's no room left for betrayal. Things just happen, and if she wasn't going to date him EVER, then would he prefer seeing her dating other guys but not dating with you? :shrug:

Raven

Annoying SOB
tonks said:
stewey, your friend will get over it or he isn't someone you need to be friends with...he's met her 2-3 times? pfft...love at first sight may be possible but it's highly suspect....and how can you fall in love with someone without them showing you affection, apprecation etc? not me... i think maybe it was the alcohol talking and not your friend.

maybe I did pick a good day to start listening to advice :D

But yeah...thanks guys I feel a whole lot better now, still guilty cos I upset my mate but like you are saying, if he is my mate he will be happy for us...in time.

Raven

Annoying SOB
tonks said:
it's limey for "they really hit it off" :D....erm, no offense ;)

Arrrgh beaten by the yank (only kidding ;) ) yeah tonks was bang on there....you don't use that phrase over your side of the pond?

tonksy

steweygrrrr said:
Arrrgh beaten by the yank (only kidding ;) ) yeah tonks was bang on there....you don't use that phrase over your side of the pond?
i've obviously heard it before but i think it was from my mother so i'm not sure if it's said much here....her being one of them damn foreigners and all that.

Raven

Annoying SOB
Us damn foreignerrs are annoying things with our different dialects and phrases arent we? :p

tonksy

steweygrrrr said:
Us damn foreignerrs are annoying things with our different dialects and phrases arent we? :p
riddle me this, britman....what exactly is meant by "she is the cat's mother"? my mother siad that one everytime i started a sentenance with "she"....

Raven

Annoying SOB
You got me there....my mum says it all the time too and I havent got a clue as to what it means either

chcr

Too cute for words
steweygrrrr said:

I use "like a house afire" all the time. It was really popular where I grew up. I never considered it a British phrase.