on December 1st, 1955

Ms Ann Thrope

On December 1, 1955, seamstress Rosa Parks changed America forever when she was arrested for refusing to yield her seat to a white patron on a Montgomery, Alabama city bus. Mrs. Parks was found guilty of disorderly conduct and that lead directly to the famous Montgomery Bus Boycott.

for more information about this remarkable and courageous individual: http://e-portals.org/Parks/

tonksy

can you imagination feeling the need to segregate a frigging bus? white people come up with some ridiculous shit sometimes :D

Inkara1

If I remember right, the Pentagon has twice as many bathrooms as it really needs, because at the time it was built blacks had to use separate ("but equal") facilities.

chcr

Too cute for words
The sad thing is that the vast majority of white Americans were unaware of the problem before or after the incident.

freako104

tonks said:
can you imagination feeling the need to segregate a frigging bus? white people come up with some ridiculous shit sometimes :D

not just us white people but anyone who advocates separation. the whole separate but equal BS pisses me off. there is no need to separate people

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
While I admire the courage this woman had & agree she deserves special recognition, hero is a bit much.

Remember folks, times were different then & you are viewing the past with 20/20 hindsight.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Um...Yes. Times were different then. She put her life on the line with that decision and made us look long and hard at our cold, dark souls. That single action may have done more to expose the hypocrisy of our nation than any other. And it forced us to deal with it. I would NEVER hesitate to use the term hero in reference to Rosa Parks.