Only three technologies old?

A dear friend of mine bought me a 32" LCD TV last night! God it's great to have real friends. It is an early birthday, xmas, pay if forward gift!

Is that right? Three technologies old? m (LED, Plasma, LCD?!?)

Faith you ROCK! I will love you forever girl, and I think when Jody wakes up she will shit twinkies too, to finally have graduated from the cathode ray tube!

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
If I recall correctly Plasma was the first to enter the tvs department, followed by LCD.

I wouldn't call LED a "technology" (or generation for that matter), is just another form of backlight for LCDs.

OLED on the other hand is a complete different technology and can be considered a generation on its own.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
LCD is the current leading technology. Plasma is going away due to it's high energy consiumption.

Glad you had a friend to buy your stuff instea of Uncle Sam. Fells cleaner,huh?

LED looks sweet because of the effect on the power bill, but my friend isn't rich, though she is well off and works for the state government.

I know they have government programs to help folks get these TVs but I know nothing about them.

The funny thing is, after my drug career I should have lousy credit but I actually have "invisible credit", meaning I am in the 620 I range as I remember it....In any case I have on $40 collection, but otherwise my credit history is blank. You'd think in today's economy people would want to try me on for credit. I mean I know people who do actually have bad credit that have an easier time getting credit! I tried to apply to get one of these on time payments, so just the willingness to try seems to have blessed me with results, albeit results I had not expected!

:)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
People with credit, good or bad are a better risk than those who don't participate.

Apply for your banks credit card, charge it up, a bit, and pay it off. Do this tow or three times & you'll see your limit skyrocket.