Oral Sex - It's God's Will

tonksy

and the loopholes of the christian religion are intruiging to you? nothing like a never ending circular arguement to pass the time? ;)

chcr

Too cute for words
tonksy said:
and the loopholes of the christian religion are intruiging to you? nothing like a never ending circular arguement to pass the time? ;)

Actually they bore me too, just not as much as filing.

Winky

OK so mebbe eatin' pig (would you eat a pig if he had a great personality?)
is no longer vaild butt what aboot having a hot throbbin' love member crammed up yer
poop chute then inserted up yer love canal? Isn't there a hygine issue there
now or in biblical times? lollolool

tonksy

tell me chic, have you ever seen the last temptation of christ? what was your take on that? try as i may there is not much i can find in the scripture that opposes the views in that movie, yet it had millions screaming heresy.

tonksy

Winky said:
OK so mebbe eatin' pig (would you eat a pig if he had a great personality?)
is no longer vaild butt what aboot having a hot throbbin' love member crammed up yer
poop chute then inserted up yer love canal? Isn't there a hygine issue there
now or in biblical times? lollolool
not if you shower properly, you sick little monkey.

Winky

Oh so does the anal cum after the vaginal insertion
or is there a washy washy break somewheres in there
(for proper hygine ya know)

PostCode

Major contributor!
chcr said:
I always find it interesting how many various christians ignore most of Leviticus but they sure are familiar with "a man who lieth with mankind."

Jesus wiped the laws out. Not literally, but spiritually. We no longer have sacrifices because he was the ultimate sacrifice. We no longer have a Day of Atonement because he effectively forgave all sin. Leviticus was a time before His sacrifice. Now, it's a piece of history and no longer valid. This is not to say all laws though. The laws surrounding the penalties of sin are now broken, such as sacrifice and banishment and death. These laws are now gone because of what Jesus did for us on the cross. The laws of man's behavior are still with us because God is perfect. Before Jesus we had no way to him other than those sacrifices and the High Preist, now the curtain is torn...we have access to Him now through Jesus.

Romans 1:26,27 -

26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural,

27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. - NASB

Seems quite clear to me that it is in fact wrong and it is in fact in the New Testament.

PostCode

Major contributor!
Acts 11:2 -18

Now the apostles and the brethren who were throughout Judea heard that the Gentiles also had received the word of God.

2And when Peter came up to Jerusalem, those who were circumcised took issue with him,

3saying, "You went to uncircumcised men and ate with them."

4But Peter began speaking and proceeded to explain to them in orderly sequence, saying,

5"I was in the city of Joppa praying; and in a trance I saw a vision, an object coming down like a great sheet lowered by four corners from the sky; and it came right down to me,

6and when I had fixed my gaze on it and was observing it I saw the four-footed animals of the earth and the wild beasts and the [a]crawling creatures and the birds of the air.

7"I also heard a voice saying to me, 'Get up, Peter; kill and eat.'

8"But I said, 'By no means, Lord, for nothing unholy or unclean has ever entered my mouth.'

9"But a voice from heaven answered a second time, 'What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy.'

10"This happened three times, and everything was drawn back up into the sky.

11"And behold, at that moment three men appeared at the house in which we were staying, having been sent to me from Caesarea.

12"The Spirit told me to go with them without misgivings These six brethren also went with me and we entered the man's house.

13"And he reported to us how he had seen the angel standing in his house, and saying, 'Send to Joppa and have Simon, who is also called Peter, brought here;

14and he will speak words to you by which you will be saved, you and all your household.'

15"And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them just as He did upon us at the beginning.

16"And I remembered the word of the Lord, how He used to say, 'John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.'

17"Therefore if God gave to them the same gift as He gave to us also after believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could stand in God's way?"

18When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, "Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life." - NASB

Again, New Testament scripture.

chcr

Too cute for words
tonksy said:
tell me chic, have you ever seen the last temptation of christ? what was your take on that? try as i may there is not much i can find in the scripture that opposes the views in that movie, yet it had millions screaming heresy.

Yes, I've seen it.
1. It should have been rated X for violence.
2. I believe the story to be a myth, but it was fairly faithful to the myth (at least the versions I've read) so I didn't understand all the bleating about heresy.
3. I understood what the Jews were shouting about but I think they overreacted. Great publicity for the flick though.

Interesting link if you're interested

PostCode: You won't agree with this but part of my problem with the whole business is all the scriptural convolutions it takes to try to make a point. If it's the word of god and the rules for life, why isn't it more clear? Doesn't it seem as though someone is going out of their way to make it confusing and misleading (just an opinion)? I also find a serious crediblility problem when the various version not only don't agree but are sometimes in fact wildly different. :shrug: Note that I am not so much arguing as explaining why I don't agree with the point you are making.

PostCode

Major contributor!
Ahhh yes. The liberals are really to blame for this. Take the TNIV and the post Gonz made earlier. The word of God is it. It is man that is changing it. The word of God says man, the TNIV says human beings. Why? Because they are trying to appease a growing liberal crowd that demands further "compassion" and "human dignity". The word of God is not alterable. Man makes Him alterable.

Yes, Greek speaks many meanings. There is no denying that. Take hubris. Here are a couple ways to view the meaning:

(1) It describes the spirit of the man who is so proud that he defies God.

(2) It describes the man who is wantonly and sadistically cruel and insulting.

Both of these are different yet both can be used to describe that word. Greek is more of a context based language, thus making it difficult to translate. Yet, throughout the various translations, a lot of these, in particular the more paraphrase bibles, like the TNIV, Good News, New Living Testament and such, are not translating it properly. They are trying to appeal to a broader based group(s). People like this can't handle the truth of the bible so they use something else that makes it rosy or ok to do.

Bibles like the KJV, NASB, AMP ar ethe ones that do a much better job of translation in terms of word for word, which is why I refer the NASB.

Before I say any more on the clarity, tell me this. Have you ever actually read the Bible all the way through from one end to the other? If you haven't then the clarity issue is because you haven't read it. Read it and you'll understand why the meaning of it is. What God is trying to develop in man.

freako104

The Bible is stories and myths from eons ago. It has changed as it was told. I think there is some ambiguity in the Bible and that it is much more to interpertation than anything

PostCode

Major contributor!
freako104 said:
The Bible is stories and myths from eons ago. It has changed as it was told. I think there is some ambiguity in the Bible and that it is much more to interpertation than anything

Yeah, the Dead Sea Scrolls didn't really exist, it was really a government coverup plan. :rolleyes:

Think about the sheer number of people who witnessed all of the events taking place. The thousands of people witnessing this one man healing all these people. This one man feeding thousands of people from five loaves of bread and two fish and have baskets to fill after and those people coming back because they saw he was performing a miracle.

You say God lied. No, he does not. He can't.

A myth is something unproven, so then, you are saying that all the people in the Bible, through the thousands of years, all got together and collaberated on this story.

You never have read it have you?

If you say you have read it then you would understand it's meaning. State this supposed ambiguity. Show me it's false.

PostCode

Major contributor!
It doesn't. No where in the Bible does it say one way or the other about any kind of sexual act. Nowhere. If some tells you one way or the other they are wrong.

It does tell us that sexual immortality is wrong and will be punished. Define sexual immortality though. That is what we need to understand.

Take Fundamental Baptists. They believe that only one position is right and only when you plan to create. So, I ask, where does it say this? It doesn't. Look at Proverbs 5:18, 19

18Let your fountain be blessed,
And rejoice in the wife of your youth.
19As a loving hind and a graceful doe,
Let her breasts satisfy you at all times;
Be exhilarated always with her love.

Hmmm, looks like I am supposed to enjoy my wife's breasts. Not only that, but they are supposed to satisfy me all the time.

freako104

PostCode said:
Yeah, the Dead Sea Scrolls didn't really exist, it was really a government coverup plan. :rolleyes:

Think about the sheer number of people who witnessed all of the events taking place. The thousands of people witnessing this one man healing all these people. This one man feeding thousands of people from five loaves of bread and two fish and have baskets to fill after and those people coming back because they saw he was performing a miracle.

You say God lied. No, he does not. He can't.

A myth is something unproven, so then, you are saying that all the people in the Bible, through the thousands of years, all got together and collaberated on this story.

You never have read it have you?

If you say you have read it then you would understand it's meaning. State this supposed ambiguity. Show me it's false.

what the hell are you going on about? read it yourself. The Flood of Noah came from the Epic of Gilgamesh. alone. the ambiguities come in the fact that
A)there are several different translations and none are fully accurate.
B)Certain people seem to use only parts of it to fit their own needs.

show me proof its true. I am still waiting on that.
I have read parts. again all were from myths and legends. ever think there can be truth to myth(Gilgamesh was a real person. Vlad the Impaler was a real person)

a myth is a story to explain something that couldnt be understood.

what miracles? people back then were easily deceived. People today are easily deceived as well.

chcr

Too cute for words
Ahhh yes. The liberals are really to blame for this.

Of course they are. :rolleyes:

:horse:

Have you ever actually read the Bible all the way through from one end to the other? If you haven't then the clarity issue is because you haven't read it.
Catholic, KJV, NIV, NAS, Book of Mormon and Jewish plus the Quran. Also a number of books on the history of the bible and efforts to reconcile validated historical data with history as presented by the bible. They can't all be right but they can all be wrong. Sorry, but if one of them was the living word of an all omniscient, all seeing... you wouldn't be able to change it, would you? Basically to me, you all believe in a god whose main purpose is apparently deceit. This is how I see it. This is how I have seen it for thirty or so years.

I would also like to point out that in Palestine under the Romans, a gathering of "thousands" would never have been allowed. A gathering of dozens maybe. A gathering of hundreds, probably not. A gathering of thousands, impossible. The whole business just doesn't hold water, IMO.

Edit: A myth is a religion that has fallen out of favor.

Edit2: Wasn't this a thread about blow jobs?