otcentral frapper

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
This thing is nowhere near accurate. I tried to add a place for the Rebel Roost (for the benefit of all 2007 BBQ attendees), and it won't let me. Now y'all will be left wandering the Tennessee mountains on your own, anxiously looking for a haven of safety and fearfully listening for banjo music. Hate that. :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
SouthernN'Proud said:
This thing is nowhere near accurate. I tried to add a place for the Rebel Roost (for the benefit of all 2007 BBQ attendees), and it won't let me. Now y'all will be left wandering the Tennessee mountains on your own, anxiously looking for a haven of safety and fearfully listening for banjo music. Hate that. :D

OOOOOH I guess I should tell you! It's a 2hr, $500 return flight from here to Nashville (I realize I probably need to get to knoxville but it can't be THAT much more right?!) and we get off at 1pm on Fridays for the months of July and August so providing you have the BBQ after July 1 next year it looks like I'll probably beable to swing it :D In on Friday, out on Sunday before any of you poor saps knows what's hit ya :D

Even better is if you have it the July 1st weekend cause then I have an extra day off :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
P.S. I need to be moved from Hamilton to Brampton but don't know how.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Nixy said:
OOOOOH I guess I should tell you! It's a 2hr, $500 return flight from here to Nashville (I realize I probably need to get to knoxville but it can't be THAT much more right?!) and we get off at 1pm on Fridays for the months of July and August so providing you have the BBQ after July 1 next year it looks like I'll probably beable to swing it :D In on Friday, out on Sunday before any of you poor saps knows what's hit ya :D

Even better is if you have it the July 1st weekend cause then I have an extra day off :D

Tri-Cities regional or Asheville NC would be closest, but Knoxville is closer than NashVegas.

Nowhere near selecting a date. Just pray that after we do I can keep my happy ass out of the hospital. :nerd:

Professur

SouthernN'Proud said:
Tri-Cities regional or Asheville NC would be closest, but Knoxville is closer than NashVegas.

Nowhere near selecting a date. Just pray that after we do I can keep my happy ass out of the hospital. :nerd:

If it's still that uncertain, we should probably move it back up here.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
SouthernN'Proud said:
Now y'all will be left wandering the Tennessee mountains on your own, anxiously looking for a haven of safety and fearfully listening for banjo music.

I pulled an 18-wheeler to the backwoods of Union County TN...I'd hunt you down like the crippled biatch you really are in a 4-wheeler :D

Professur

Was offered a '96 green Ford Exploder for $3500 cnd, with new tires on it. 4l engine, on an automatic tranny. Worth looking at?

Inkara1

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
My '96 F-150 has been a champ (save for the rusting brake lines). Took 3910lbs of sand with barely a grunt.

Inkara1

What do you know about the Explorer? It would help us know whether $3,500 CND is a good price. From the ones I found around here, that seems like a good deal... if you bought it, would you get rid of one of your current vehicles?

Professur

Having just dumped 2.5k on the van, I'm not seriously considering it. Not when he's telling me that he's selling it because it's too heavy on gas.

Buying it would be to replace the van. The pickup's a project, and I still need a small commuter car until the PTBs get off their collective asses and move me to an office on the same side of the river where I live (like they promised when they hired me a year ago.)

Inkara1

Well, if nothing else, it would be a hell of a lot easier to get to the spark plugs, I guarantee that. But yes, you'd lose some gas mileage compared to the van... but you'd be gaining four-wheel drive and increased towing capacity.

Professur

Yeah, all that occured to me. First thing I asked was the tow rating (he didn't know, but he went on and on about everything he's towed. You don't know the two rating, but you haul someone's big-ass boat?) I also loose some seating.

Inkara1

Have you needed all seven seats in the van before? And does the Explorer have a bench front seat or buckets?

My guess is the Explorer would have about a 5,000-pound towing capacity, assuming one is using a hitch that's actually hooked to the frame instead of to the bumper. I'dhave to check, though, but 5,000 pounds is common for that sort of vehicle.