Pandering made simple...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Pay attention. These are the same folks that accuse the folks on the other side of the aisle of being bigoted for expressing what they believe.

chcr

Too cute for words
"We gotta spin this darned religious angle, Bob."

You know, everyone says they believe in god (okay, almost everyone) and yet there are just as many cars out at the mall or the movies on Sunday (maybe more) as any other day of the week. Makes you wonder whether many people are quite as adamant in their beliefs as they would have others believe, huh?

catocom

You know, everyone says they believe in god (okay, almost everyone) and yet there are just as many cars out at the mall or the movies on Sunday (maybe more) as any other day of the week. Makes you wonder whether many people are quite as adamant in their beliefs as they would have others believe, huh?

in my faith, you don't have to go to a certain building to have church

chcr

Too cute for words
in my faith, you don't have to go to a certain building to have church

Really? Makes more sense, I suppose but not really in keeping with the spirit of the whole "religious observance" thing, IMO. Kind of mirrors the whole pagan/wiccan outlook really. Just my opinion Cat, no offense meant. Didja answer the poll?

catocom

Jesus said 'where ever 2 or more are gathered in my name, there am I'

or something like that.

IMO too many money hungry preachers out there.

BlurOfSerenity

"going to church doesn't make you any more christian than going to a garage makes you a car"
-- a bumper sticker

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama have hired strategists to focus on reaching religious voters

Argue the merits of their beilef (or lack thereof) as you wish but I'd think that the masses, dumb as rocks or not, can tell when a (wo)man believes & when one is spinning.

It would be a lot more fun for one of them to say-hey, I just don't have the faith. Talk about spin. On one hand you have the nutz calling him/her a heathen & on the other, it would present a true oddity- a pol telling the truth.,

2minkey

bootlicker
... I'd think that the masses, dumb as rocks or not, can tell when a (wo)man believes & when one is spinning.

hmmm i don't think the masses are as dumb as you think they are. and, again, you're part of the masses and you can obviously properly utilize a baloney detector... unless it's something posted on newsmax of course....

fer instance it's pretty obvious to most everyone that hillary is utterly full of donkeyshit when she acts like she's in touch with, well, anyone... remember the "takes a village thing" that she latched on to? what a ball-ass crunchity quintuple assrocket crockpot of jack jack sillycock monkeypoot that was.

you heard me winky, quintuple assrocket.

spike

But support for abortion rights doesn't necessarily hurt candidates with Catholic voters, who support legalized abortion in all or most circumstances by 53 percent to 43 percent, according to 2004 exit polling.

Holy crap. Don't tell Gotholic 53% of catholics aren't catholic. :eek5:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'd bet that 98% of catholics aren't Catholic. The church has a burden to carry on The Word of God. They, I'm reasonably sure, aren't allowed to water it down to meet current political & societal conditions.

spike

Get's a little creepy for me when I agree with you. :bolt:

edit: I suppose the question is whether those in charge of the catholics should continue to base their existence from society 2000 years ago or recognize current society and think on it.

catocom

I'd bet that 98% of catholics aren't Catholic. The church has a burden to carry on The Word of God. They, I'm reasonably sure, aren't allowed to water it down to meet current political & societal conditions.

in my religion, I believe god does allow 'some' for "current political & societal conditions".
Like when it was allowed divorcements...
Likewise, it is said that the end times, before the rapture, much will have
to be endured, and I believe that followers will be dealt leniency.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
should continue to base their existence from society 2000 years ago or recognize current society and think on it.

Is not, in theory, the Word of God from an omniscient being? Therefore, contingency plans would have been made would they not? So, 2000 years ago or yesterday, the rule should not change.