Patriots may have been cheating!

woodman19_99

Hey man, it's nothing personal at all, only in the spirit of a solid discussion. I think it''s a hoot. I am a Pats fan, always will be. sufferred through the crappy years and the *good years.

And thank god or whatever people do and/or don't believe in that we can both be so passionate about our beliefs no matter what. Sure, I am a couple liters deep in beer, but whatever. I am sure if I met spike or you Mark, i'd have no problem liking either of you. That's the best part about sports or what not, except if you're a goddam yankees fan. That's a completely different group! :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
err, 'scuse me, you're right. Although, in the end, it's still a childs game run by rich guys & played by trained monkeys.

unclehobart

Bread and Circuses, my firend... Bread and Circuses.

Rome is burning and noone gives a crows turd... just give me my 16oz Miller Light, a microwave chimichanga, and a 'your college motto here' flag to wave in yer face and you can keep yer freedom of the republic speech.

You gonna eat them Doritos?

chcr

Too cute for words
Bread and Circuses, my firend... Bread and Circuses.

Rome is burning and noone gives a crows turd... just give me my 16oz Miller Light, a microwave chimichanga, and a 'your college motto here' flag to wave in yer face and you can keep yer freedom of the republic speech.

You gonna eat them Doritos?

I would suggest that we're well past the point where Rome burned. Well past. 'Scuse me while I go grab another beer.

markjs

Banned
[rant]Scuse me but those "monkeys", most of them, have college degrees, and while a lot of them aren't brilliantly intelligent, a lot of them are. And all of them had to get to some level of acedmic achievement. I realize some cases of extremely gifted athletes are helped though to a degree, but most of them actually have to earn it. with 1,696 active players and all that are on practice squads and all that are aquired later, the few ne'er do wells, are to be expected. The vast majority of the said "monkeys" are great athletes and fine people capitalizing on skills that are a precious commodity, and making bank on it.....Capitalism at it's finest. Intelligence is no indicator of success, nor good behavior, but the NFL is not made up of idiots. Have you ever even seen an example of a playbook? Heard of the wonderlic. All things considered I believe the NFL to be the classiest sports organization on the planet. And Goodel is doing a fine job trying to keep it that way.

Compaired to the buy yourself a world series group of juicers brawlers and riff raff that make up the MLB, I think football is a refined pasttime.

I don't watch the NHL, or NBA, but from the news I hear they aren't even close to as quality of an organization as the NFL. [/rant]

Soccer is for dem non 'mericans....Sheeit most soccer fans prolly don't even speak 'merican! Who da fuck even cares about dat soccer sheeit no how?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
All entertainers are trained monkeys. They stand before a crowd & do tricks for applause & peanuts.

We (generally) all like it. They (generally) all like it. Mutual satisfaction.

*awaiting a center or running back or shortstop to win a Nobel Prize in science*

markjs

Banned
Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat!

Call me a conspiracy theorist if you will, but after much reading of fan reaction to videogate, I am firmly convinced that there is a good chance, that not only did they have a database built up from years of illegal tactics, that they are still using, but I also wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Gillette is LOADED with hidden surveilance equiptment that they will still use until they get caught doing that.

You may ask why I think this, and I'd tell you, that after all I have learned about this incident, all indications are that this cheating operation has been a long term project. Mostly because the rumors have been going for a long time and as we all know generally when there is smoke there is fire. Also the Packers did complain last year about this very thing and the Patriots were warned about it yet continued the practice which tells me it was paying off too much for them to take such a risk by continuing the operation.

Now when they get a wrist slap, Belicheat gets a contract extension, probably with a $500,000 signing bonus (LOL, thats a joke because the contract extension was before the story broke), and Shady Brady, looks into the TV cameras and tells America that Belicheat is the finest coach in the history of the NFL! And Patriot fans swell with pride, and I swell with.....Oh there goes my goddamn lunch!

I mean lets look at the record. The tabloids have it (that's right tabloids, which are often outrageously wrong, yet sometimes eerily closer to the truth than the legit media), that Belicheat cheated on his wife, left her to steal another man's wife, and Shady Brady is out doinking supermodels then not leaving camp to see the birth of his bastard child, because he's already moved on to the next supermodel. Belicheat also backs out of contracts, fueds with and backstabs mentors and proteges alike, and then this absolutely wonderful role model is caught red handed cheating and Patriot fans practically want to give him a medal?!? Does anyone on the east coast have any character at all?

Look, I am not going to argue that the Patriots aren't a damn good team, because this kind of chaeting doesn't mean you could be that good if you can't execute, but come on, knowing everything your opponent is going to do before they do it, well, that's got to be quite the advantage. The Chargers looked bad, but I really wish they were in the same division, so we could see how it went in their house, without Belicheats "homefield advantage". I am thinking I was dead wrong in some repect with my little rant about what a classy organization the NFL is.

FUCK THE PATRIOTS!!!

unclehobart

I mean lets look at the record. The tabloids have it (that's right tabloids, which are often outrageously wrong, yet sometimes eerily closer to the truth than the legit media), that Belicheat cheated on his wife, left her to steal another man's wife,
Irrelevant

and Shady Brady is out doinking supermodels
So? Thats a good thing.

then not leaving camp to see the birth of his bastard child, because he's already moved on to the next supermodel.
Outright lie. The ex didn't want him anywhere near the birth. That breakup was to the core. She named it after her family, not Brady. That should tell you how acrimonious it was.

Does anyone on the east coast have any character at all?
Fuck you.

markjs

Banned
Irrelevant

OK, I'll give you everything but that first point. Since when does more proof of bad character mean nothing? Tha man is proven scum and when all he gets is a slap on the wrist, where's the incentive for him to even stop cheating if theres any truth at all to MANY peoples suspicions that Gillette stadium was BUILT with some of Belicheats specifications in mind. For all I know the league may have inspected to their satisfaction, and perhaps he's so scared he doesn't dare. Perhaps not, and I certainly doubt it, as quickly as the league swpt it all under the rug. I would think that more people would be calling for them to do so. I would think that the fans in New England, if they are that attatched to Belicheat, would at very least, just so everyone would have more faith in the team beying beyond reproach in the future.

Do people change? Sure they do, but not overnight, and when they have a long record of bad character not at all ususally. Did he even have the character to even humbly apologize to us, the fans, the media, even the local New England fans? Not that I know of, but, to the commish, the man with power over his fate? Sure he did, and the speaks even more about his character or lack thereof. Let's just see how their away record is at the end of the season, before we even give this creep the benefit of the doubt. Nothing he's ever done has earned him anything more. Quite a bit less in my opinion.

I cannot believe people's lack of characted nationwide if you want the truth. I have spent a lot of time on Football boards, something I rarely ever have done incidentally, asking the question of fans, what would you feel like if it were your coach? What would you want to see done in that hypothetical, if your team was the dynasty?

A VERY FEW other teams fans, and this includes even Seahawks fans have agreed with me, that first they'd like to see their coach have the character to step down, and barring that, see their organization show the class of showing him the door. All over the NFL, people think this is a very serious matter, and a lot of them are calling for the coach's head, but when they put themselves in the hypothetical place of the Patriots fans, they don't seem to think they'd be quite so mad. That really saddens me, because I'd be seriously questioning even being a fan of the Seahawks if the situation went down the same as it has in New England. I'd be much angrier, if it was Holmgren, not less so. I, very sincerely, wouldn't want the questions, the doubts, or that kind of taint, to remain with my team for even a minute longer! It really surprises me, and angers me, that I am in the minority in this way, I really believed better of other fans.

I haven't found even a single Patriots fan that even will concede that Belichick has even done anything seriously wrong, wrong, sure, but they seem to think it's pretty trivial. They as a group seem to think everybody does it, which makes it almost ok to begin with, and their poor misguided coach just got caught and now he's getting picked on unfairly. I see no indication that any of them even think he is anything less than a fine upstanding man who has made one mistake, and can't we just all forgive him because he's just suffered so much!

I suspect (and really hope) that the Patriot fans with enough character to actually be hurt, angry, disgusted, and to really feel cheated by Belicheat, are just staying away from discussions because they just realize that there is no defending what he did. They are expressing their outrage by doing something constructive, like a snail mail letter writing campaign asking for a new coach. Unfortunately, the way, but from what I have seen in asking other teams fans to put themselves in their shoes, I imagine those fans are a very small minority.

Personally I am really let down, by everyone involved, but I thank god that my team has a coach who's character has never even been called into question, because if that wasn't so, I think I might just be so discusted as to really be turned off by football at all for possibly a good while.

*handonhip

markjs

Banned
Outright lie. The ex didn't want him anywhere near the birth. That breakup was to the core. She named it after her family, not Brady. That should tell you how acrimonious it was.

NO, not an outright lie, that's the story the media told me. Am I to be blamed when my source gets the story wrong? The story I heard only said that Brady didn't leave camp for the birth. The story also mentioned that he has a new supermodel girlfriend. I made the erroneous connection that, that is why, because the key fact was ommitted. I can't remember where, but it came from some TV media outlet, most likely NFL network, because whenever Jody isn't home, and I'm not watching TV, I have it on in the background for noise.

And the fact that she wants him to have nothing to do with his child suggests that either Brady, or her, or both of them a pretty screwy people. It certainly doesn't speak to either of them being adults of high moral fiber.

markjs

Banned
Jaws on MNF just said if the offense had all the defensive plays down, any quarterback in the league could complete 75% of his passes. Sounds like a pretty good advantage to me.

tonksy

Tom Brady and his ex were broken up for months before she discovered she was pregnant, odd enough but she is one of those athletic types and she simply didn't notice. By then they were passed each other and had moved on. I have yet to hear a single story that paints it to be an acrimonious split.

And none of this has anything to do with football....besides, if you take into account all the outrageous doings in the NFL this is rather tame.

markjs

Banned
You are correct, Brady's antics have nothing to do with it, I really only threw him in for dramatic effect to go with that cute lil jingle, and because why should America believe what he says when he calls his coach the finest in NFL history?

Belicheat's character issues have EVERYTHING to do with the issue though.

woodman19_99

Does anyone on the east coast have any character at all?

That was way out of line. That just brought into question all my family and friends, so shove it up your ass.

As for Brady, he actually asked to leave camp to see the baby but was not allowed to. Also, he wanted to go see the birth or at least be there for it, but Gisele (sp?) was having a shit, because if I remember correctly, the due date was on her b-day (kind of ironic)... anyway, is the whole baby thing why jackasses have come up with "Shady Brady" when there is absolutely nothing shady about him?

markjs

Banned
Well woodman, maybe it was unfair to question your family's charachter because I don't know them and I don't know how they feel about it, but I certainly have reason question yours since the cheating hardly seems to bother you, and you are overjoyed you have scumbag coach who is a proven cheat locked up for many years to come. You and every other fan who defends that piece of crap, I think that certainly rasies at least some character questions about the lot of you. I guess the long years of the curse of the Bambino has made it ok in the minds of many New England fans to win at any cost.

woodman19_99

Well mark, let's think about something else: Every time a penalty flag is thrown for say, holding, those people are trying to cheat too. Yeah, I know you're gonna compare the levels on which they were cheating, but hey, cheating is cheating, right?

(can't wait for this response...)