Patriots may have been cheating!

markjs

Banned
Not the same thing at all and you know it, not by a longshot!

False Start is cheating? How about it's a part of the game, where somone jumps the gun, and it is penalized.

Facemask is cheating? The 15 yeard kind borders on it, but the penalty is more because its damn dangerous. The five yard variety is known as an accident.

I could go on and on through the rulebook, but I think those who aren't still desparately trying to justfy and rationalize cheating get my point already.

If indeed this stuff is actual cheating, in your mind, let me make it simple for you. Teams do still get penalized for it, and since it's such low level cheating, than 5, 10, or 15 yards is sufficient penalty. The thing is it really isn't even remotely close.

When are you gonna stop tring to make it ok what he did? I suspect perhaps there is some good character in you, and the only way you can continue to be a fan of Belichick's and the team is to lie to yourself about what happened.

woodman19_99

Ya know darn well I was just trying to get that response out of you! :D

I know that it's not cheating on the same level, or even close to it, but I just had to see your response!

markjs

Banned
If you'd been hashing this argument out with some of the Patriot fans I did last weekend (on some sports boards) you might have wondered if that was a serious defense! I didn't think it was, but I have seen more pathetic excuses coming from Patriot's nation in the last wekend, and I couldn't be entirely sure.

:nerd:

unclehobart

The Falcons are cheating too.

It takes concentrated effort and a mafia level fix to have as shitty a win % as they do.

chcr

Too cute for words
Yeah, but they're cheating the fans so the league doesn't care.

BTW, any word on Leftwich?

markjs

Banned
I think if Lefty could stay healthy, (slim chance with Atlanta's O-Line) he'd be a lot better player for you than Vick. At least you'd actually have quarterback playing the position, not a star running back who can throw a little, and has lots of off field baggage.

markjs

Banned
Wouldn''t be a huge improvement when you factor in the x-factor of Vicks insane running ability, but with Vick you got a career passer rating of 75.75 and a 54% completion ratio. Vick was somewhat established, and set in his ways showing little hope for improvement thoughout his career as a passer.

Lefty on the other hand has a career passer rating of 80.52, and a completion ratio of 59%, and he's shown some improvement year to year in his short career, aside from last year where he was injured early and had a worse offensive line than in previous years.

In short I think as a passer Lefty shows more signs of being coachable, and has more upside as a passer, and while not known for mobility, when he has to he's not a statue in the pocket. I think it'd also be a lot easier to form an offense featuring and playing to Lefty's strengths than to Vicks.

unclehobart

2 years, 7 mil. Lefty is a Falcon. He probably wont get his number 7 as it is Vicks... and Vick is still on the roster.