Pedophile.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
What I believe Prof is talking about are groups which will locate and expose these creeps so that all in the neighbourhood in which these creeps live are fully aware of the address, the crimes, the whole shebang. No violence, I would not support that, just awareness for the neighbourhood. I have mixed feelings on this, I think it is great for all to be aware, but as a parent I am just as worried about those who haven't been caught yet and feel this kind of "program" creates a false sense of security for parents. But we all ought to be aware of who is living across the road from the elementary school or the neighbourhood swimming pool.

Professur

Originally posted by L. Summerton
But we all ought to be aware of who is living across the road from the elementary school or the neighbourhood swimming pool.

Or leading Scout troups

sbcanada

I was in Scouts.... :eek:

Pedaphile:
flower.gif

:)

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Originally posted by Professur
Originally posted by outside looking in

My only problem is that it is possible, even if rare, for someone to change. How do you know he is permanently sick?

A good point. That's why I'm looking to inform people, instead of warming up the truck and going visiting. If he's cured, then it's not restriction on him. If he's not ... it limits his chances, doesn't it.

Man, the forum just got laggy.

I have no real problem with that, just sounded in your first post like you were going to round up the mob and pass out pitch forks, if you know what I mean.

Professur

Sorry, I may have ome on a little strong. Besides, if I was gonna do something like that, I'd hardly anounce it, would I?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Prof, I can't find the names of any groups, the newspaper and tv sites have omitted the names as far as I can see. At www.pulse24.com you can do a search on Peter Whitmore and see how many times that creep has been driven out of several communities, arrested again and again, released again and again, but that's the most I got. There have been a few in the last few years though, TO citizens seem unwilling to take it anymore (thumbs up) maybe an internet search with words including Toronto, pedophile, neighbourhood etc might bring up something I've missed. Sorry no help.

StuTheWise

Here in the states, we have a cool thing called the sex-offender registry. All convicted sex-offenders are listed along with information about where they live.

I used it once when I was deciding where to move. Found out that one apartment I was considering had a guy (his offense had something to do with sexual abuse of a child I think) that lived about a block away... right across the street from an elementary school!!! I didn't move there.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
It's sad that there is a need for such a thing... These sick, sick people should NEVER EVER be let out on the streets at all. They should be locked away in prison where big fat guys named Bubba (no relation to our Bubba!) like to have their way with people who like to have their way with women and children.