Pentagon Iraq intelligence report 'very damning'

Discussion in 'The Real World' started by MrBishop, Feb 9, 2007.

1. MrBishop

MrBishop Well-Known Member

Spin-doctoring

2. Gonz

Gonz molṑn labé Staff Member

For the one billionth time...

Iraq was not necessarily linked to alqaeda. Saddam was absolutely linked to terrorism.

3. chcr

chcr Too cute for words

I see just what you mean. :rolleyes:

4. spike

spike New Member

The denial is strong in him. :vader:

1 person likes this.
  5. Gotholic

Gotholic Well-Known Member

If Saddam was not linked to al-Qaeda, then he was not linked to terrorism?

Non sequitur.

6. Gonz

what speech was that?

7. catocom

catocom Well-Known Member

So was the British intel skewed also? They said almost the same things.

8. 2minkey

2minkey bootlicker

actually i think it was that others had to beat that into your head about a billion times, and now it seems, maybe, that it's sunk in.

9. Gonz

I clearly recall the debates leading up to it. Alqaeda being tied to Iraq was not a major point (in fact, it hardly constitutes a minor one).

Iraq being tied to terrorism, in general, was a major point.

10. chcr

chcr Too cute for words

It's from the original speech, Gonz. Right before the invasion.

I remember the same debates that you do except that I clearly remember ties to al-Qaeda being a major issue (kinda like he refers to in the speech). :shrug:

11. Cerise

Cerise Well-Known Member

12. 2minkey

2minkey bootlicker

13. 2minkey

2minkey bootlicker

and did you even READ the gubmint report? check out pages 63-67 or thereaboutes.

14. Gonz

Please, fill us in. You seem to know so much more.

15. chcr

chcr Too cute for words

:shrug:

16. Gonz

He implied there is more to the ME than we're all privy to. I was just curious what his inside man has to offer that hasn't already been talked about, ad nauseum.

17. chcr

chcr Too cute for words

I didn't think so. He said that despite the obvious failure of the current policy the administration (and supporters thereof) continue to rationalize the current policy via information that has been repeatedly shown to be inaccurate. He never implies any more knowledge than is available to anyone else.

18. 2minkey

2minkey bootlicker

i've stated elsewhere that i have what i believe to be a moderate level of knowledge about the middle east. yes, i know the difference between seveners and twelvers, but i ain't no fuckin' lawrence of arabia.

as chcr sez, nowhere in the post that is referred to above did i suggest that i was something special as far as knowledge aboot the middle east. i've merely pointed toward what all but the most desperate understand as a preponderance of evidence showing the long-tired "significant iraq-al quada relationship" assertion as bull-huckey. again, kinda what chcr said.

19. Cerise

Cerise Well-Known Member

Please reveal what you understand as the "REAL" reason the United States went to Iraq; after all, I know the Left is fond of calling it "Bush's War."

Maybe the "reason" contains the letters w-a-r-f-o-r-o-i-l or h-e-t-r-i-e-d-t-o-k-i-l-l-m-y-d-a-d-d-y or c-o-w-b-o-y-p-o-l-i-t-i-c-s?

20. 2minkey

2minkey bootlicker

:rofl:

nice assumptions. you have no idea if i'm left. i could be so far off the scale to the right that i could call you a fucking pinko commie pussy. maybe i'm just embarrassed by how dumb and short-sighted the right has become. or maybe i am a commie.

when something salient arises in your posts, i may reply. until then... try holding your breath.