photo gallery spinoff

tank girl

Re: PHOTO GALLERY

Luis G said:
Just for the record, he never said he was from France, he just said he was livinig currently over there.

In fact I'm pretty sure that someday he said where he was actually from, but I can't remember if he said NZ or not.

Okay. Well Paris, France it is then. :rolleyes:

Did I mention I currently live in Post-apocalyptic suburbia?

:lloyd:

tank girl

abooja said:
Is this the photo gallery thread, or a place where people can speak of themselves in the third person and spew pseudo-intellectual garbage?

the latter, it appears. :eyebrow:

This is OFF TOPIC CENTRAL after all :shrug: It wouldn't be right not to do its name justice, now...would it?

a13antichrist

Gonz said:
Then he showed up on a BBS & noticed you & he's already attacking.

Attacking? Hardly. Got to be another figment of her imagination(s).

Jen the reason I criticise your "virtuality/reality" concept isn't because I think it's a fault - it just seems like a big waste of time.

It just so happens that this medium provides the opportunity to be free of all the limititation and modesty of reality so that she is free to be as loud and as expressive and as expressive in a way that "Jen" could only dream of...

The only limits you have are the ones you impose upon yourself.

tank girl

Originally Posted by Gonz
Then he showed up on a BBS & noticed you & he's already attacking.

Attacking? Hardly. Got to be another figment of her imagination(s).

Jen the reason I criticise your "virtuality/reality" concept isn't because I think it's a fault - it just seems like a big waste of time.
Quote:
It just so happens that this medium provides the opportunity to be free of all the limititation and modesty of reality so that she is free to be as loud and as expressive and as expressive in a way that "Jen" could only dream of...

The only limits you have are the ones you impose upon yourself.

That may be true, in day to day life and It is a philosphy I agree with wholeheartedly...

However what I am trying to get at but what you continually fail to see is that there is a notable difference and significant limitation between reality and the virtual process typing away signs and symbols on a keyboard. Those lines are undoubtedly blurred as technology gets more and more complex - but are still relatively concievable and I think it is rather important to acknowledge the fact that there is a difference say, between painting a picture to express the way you feel rather than attempt to describe it verbally to someone else...the same sort of process I feel happens here. There will always be a difference in the ways that people express themselves literally in day-to-day lifwe and virtually - as different things are required - different cognitive processes operate which determine what permits you to get out -verbally- or symbolically through writing, painting etc.

There is of course a limitation as far as your imagination is concerned - and if you have a tendency to think in black and white and in commonsensical ways it is almost impossible to think of the possibility that I present.

Being naturally highly imaginative and expressive - I find myself able to use the process as a means for expression in ways that I wouldn't be able to do in daily life - that is the beauty and the fun of virtual interaction.

I am truly sorry you are incapable of such reaching such a capacity for self-expression....I realise you can't help it.

And yes, thats right... thanks for the observation: I really do prefer to think of you as nothing more than a figament of my imagination.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
So you are saying that our online personality is just a projection of our real personality.
Because different cognitive process operate to determine how to express yourself through a given medium, but in the end what you tried to express remains constant, while the actual expression is just a projection of that thought.

Tank_girl = projection of Jen.

Which is just what a13 was saying. :shrug:

tank girl

Luis G said:
So you are saying that our online personality is just a projection of our real personality.
Because different cognitive process operate to determine how to express yourself through a given medium, but in the end what you tried to express remains constant, while the actual expression is just a projection of that thought.

Tank_girl = projection of Jen.

Which is just what a13 was saying. :shrug:
I continue to entirely disagree with his interpretation of my theory - but then he can't be blamed really. Not many people do understand me or have the capability to actually stop and listen to whatever ideas arise from my rambling in their writing me off as incomprehensible...lillogical...irrational...

I've heard that all before but it doesn't stop me from sticking to my way of thinking because I think that it is a blessing and not a burden - those that don't have time to listen aren't worth the trouble of getting them to :shrug:

Luis...I didn't get that out of what he was saying, but if you say so :shrug:

And perhaps I'm just wired to disagree with everything that A13 comes up with - but I still don't think he's comletely grasped the idea that I had.

It is just that he keeps on saying that it is a waste of time etc: when I don't think so at all - it isn't something that you can really invent or determine - it is something that just happens...something that just is.

greenfreak

a13 was living in Paris at least in July of 03, as far as I know. So yeah, almost two years. But he hasn't been posting much in a while so someone asked if he was still there or not.

And I'm with Leslie, a13 can share my company anytime. Hubba hubba. :brow:

Professur

tank girl said:
I continue to entirely disagree with his interpretation of my theory - but then he can't be blamed really. Not many people do understand me or have the capability to actually stop and listen to whatever ideas arise from my rambling in their writing me off as incomprehensible...lillogical...irrational...

Immature ... incoherent .... inconsequental .... immaterial ....

I've heard that all before but it doesn't stop me from sticking to my way of thinking because I think that it is a blessing and not a burden - those that don't have time to listen aren't worth the trouble of getting them to :shrug:

It's no blessing, trust me.

tank girl

greenfreak said:
a13 was living in Paris at least in July of 03, as far as I know. So yeah, almost two years. But he hasn't been posting much in a while so someone asked if he was still there or not.

And I'm with Leslie, a13 can share my company anytime. Hubba hubba. :brow:

Jesus fucking christ :alienhuh: (***speaking from experience ;) ) be careful what you wish for....

*mutters.... "silly whores"*...:p j/k

tank girl

Luis G said:
Actually, I got that from what you said :confuse3:

Why did you say that thats what he meant all along then? As far as I could tell he was trying to get at something else (like psychological displacement) and tell me it wasn't very intelligent to think the way I think about this virtuality thing. Its all alot of FUN really...more than anything else. And thats the way I see it - Fun. Ironic, really.:shrug:

(great interpretationn by the way...(of all my garble) its almost on the right track Luis, you desrve a gold star for that :p )

greenfreak

If there's one thing I can say about a13, he makes no excuses for himself. He knows who he is and his opinion and doesn't post for the sake of gaining attention and to feel self-important.

Besides, he's fucking hot. But, you already knew that. :p

Now stop the silly fighting and tell us what he's like in bed.

tank girl

greenfreak said:
If there's one thing I can say about a13, he makes no excuses for himself. He knows who he is and his opinion and doesn't post for the sake of gaining attention and to feel self-important.

:rofl4:

I disagree...thats precisely what he does. Here and in real life...

He may be as you put it, " fucking hot" (that fact is debatable btw) - he's also fucking arrogant...why do you think I was attracted to him in the first place? :p

All I can say is that at least I don't do it in real life - I have more respect for people than that - thats exactly why I get a buzz out of using this as an outlet to openly voice my personal opinions about things, albeit a little more extreme of an approach that I do in real life. They are still my opinions and I definately know who I am as well...him, well I have to tell you I'm not so sure of that :shrug:

You say that and you've never even met him? you're talking about A13 there - not The guy in person. How can you be so sure? - you can't.

I'm not fighting at all, its just beyond me why you'd stick up for him just because you think "he's hot" - other than that, from what I can tell his opinions are far more disrespectful and self-important than mine -I don't deny the fact that I enjoy being provocative but its all in good fun

It takes two to make an attention seeker- doesn't it? People here freely give me their attention - I'm so popular I don't need to blink to get dished out it. Thats what I find so amusing about people- if everyone ignored me I probably wouldn't even be here.. :shrug: and this place would be soo much more boring without all the drama I dish out, you should be thanking me. :lol:

At the least I can say for myself that I don't go around automatically calling everyone who doesn't agree with me retarded and a dumbarse now, do I?

greenfreak said:
Now stop the silly fighting and tell us what he's like in bed.

now now, as much as my reputation precedes me - I'm not exactly one to kiss and tell - besides, I don't think he really deserves the mention :shrug:

:winkkiss:

a13antichrist

tank girl said:
At the least I can say for myself that I don't go around automatically calling everyone who doesn't agree with me retarded and a dumbarse now, do I?

Nah that special mention only gets awarded to those who justify their disagreements with retarded arguments.

But then, you know all about that... :)

You should also know better than everyone that if I wanted attention, I wouldn't be trying to get it here. That's what girls are for. ;)

Until you get bored of them, of course...

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
tank girl said:
You did till we made you stop :shrug:

I'm so popular I don't need to blink to get dished out it. Thats what I find so amusing about people- if everyone ignored me I probably wouldn't even be here.. :shrug: and this place would be soo much more boring without all the drama I dish out, you should be thanking me. :lol:
there ya go folks.

abooja

a13antichrist said:
Nah that special mention only gets awarded to those who justify their disagreements with retarded arguments.

But then, you know all about that... :)

You should also know better than everyone that if I wanted attention, I wouldn't be trying to get it here. That's what girls are for. ;)

Until you get bored of them, of course...
Ouch. *popcornb*

ClaireBear

Banned
Gonz said:
Get a room, or at least your own thread, jesus H christ.

WHat does the H stand for anyway?

Its holy...

And When the Hell did all this happen?

No body tells me anything around here... :mope:

My opinion of the whole situation... recently split, hormone fuelled, bollocks.

greenfreak

tank girl said:
You say that and you've never even met him? you're talking about A13 there - not The guy in person. How can you be so sure? - you can't.
I am strictly speaking about the online persona of a13, I can only comment on what I know. If I only know the online a13, and you have no trouble seperating the online persona from the "real" person, why shouldn't I?

I'm not fighting at all, its just beyond me why you'd stick up for him just because you think "he's hot"
I'd stick up for someone like a13 over a troll anyday. And not just because he's hot.

It takes two to make an attention seeker- doesn't it? People here freely give me their attention - I'm so popular I don't need to blink to get dished out it. Thats what I find so amusing about people- if everyone ignored me I probably wouldn't even be here
You're absolutely right. Which is why this is the first time I'm directly addressing you. I figure the more we post, the more a13 posts. It's not for your benefit, it's purely selfish to get him posting again. We've been without him for too long.

and this place would be soo much more boring without all the drama I dish out, you should be thanking me.
I've been a member of OTC from the beginning so I can tell you this with assurance: you are not special. You are no different than the other numerous drama queens that have passed through here and will be gone soon too. People like you don't last, for one reason or another. I don't read your posts and don't find trolls and attention-seekers entertaining so I won't be thanking you for anything.