PHOTO GALLERY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Prof, I didn't see this before...

Thanks for the help, :confuse3: what's the piece called?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Damn i should have know that too, most motherboards supporting chips ove 150MHz have built in USB (with or without connectors).

Leslie: i don't know the name of the piece in english, but i'm sure you can get the mobo's manual read what type of connector it has, and you can buy one even at officedepot. (i think there are 2 types of connectors, one has one row and the other has 2).

Professur

USBPLATE.small.jpg

2-Outlet USB Plate For PC Motherboards

Startech has it listed at $15.99, but I'm sure you can find it cheaper.

wow, i've used that board before, totally forgot that it had native usb support, yes, that'll work, but make sure you plug em in right, wrong way even if nothings connected to the ports can smoke the headers :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
nifty! :headbang: I shall go look. Next Sunday I'm going kidless shopping (WOOHOO!), so I will hit a couple shops looking for that, too. :)

Inkara1

Good luck finding one of those USB things at an Office Depot, at least around here. You might be able to find a PCI USB card, but not the connectors like that.

Professur

She's have a long, long drive to look for it anywhere near you Inky. 'Sides, any competent computer shop could order one next day.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Professur
USBPLATE.small.jpg

2-Outlet USB Plate For PC Motherboards

Startech has it listed at $15.99, but I'm sure you can find it cheaper.

Got that for 15.99 at Radio Shack, Prof, thanks for the help! :D :headbang:

Professur

Alright, so she got it at an incompetent computer store. Sue me:D

Think nothing of it, Les. That's what I'm paid for.

was a chain of events, saw stop laughing, was talking to luis g on msn and mentioned it, he told me to send his, then i remembered posted a pic too headbang

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
weeeeee............now i'm there....

funny thing, i'm a moderator at OTC, and not a senior member at HWC :confuse3:

who cares :headbang:

ris

luis, you need to post more on hwc, try breaking your computer to have some problems to post, it works a charm for me :) :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by ris
luis, you need to post more on hwc, try breaking your computer to have some problems to post, it works a charm for me :) :D
OMG, you mean I'm not the only one who does that? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.