Place your bets - Elections 2008

MrBishop

Not who you'll vote for, but who you think will win, the margin and the percentage of the population that will vote overall.

I'm thinking that 76% of the (*registered voter turnout) - thanks chic) population will vote
Obama victory 54/46

Professur

I'm thinking too many people are gonna be intrigued by the idea of a black president and vote based on that.

Frankly, I think we're looking at the only situation where Bush getting a third term is the lesser evil, coz I can't help but believe that either contender will improve the situation any.

Odds ... 51/46/4 dems
Percent voting .. under 50%

chcr

Too cute for words
Okay, I'll play.

65% registered voter turnout. (a much higher than usual turnout) (is 76% of the population even registered?)

Obama 52% McCain 43%

As Gonz points out in another thread though, you never really know and I personally am in no way certain it will make a difference who wins.

MrBishop

Perhaps the same percentage of people will vote against Obama because of his colour, and it'll even out.

chik - colour me corrected. *I'll edit the post

catocom

obama will win, but mickeyC will carry GA, but I voted for 2 libertarians
Barr and ...
Buckley to replace zaxby Chambliss

edit, my personal line poll, was 5-1 for Barr:glasses:

Professur

Perhaps the same percentage of people will vote against Obama because of his colour, and it'll even out.

chik - colour me corrected. *I'll edit the post

I`m not talking the racists voting black, I`m talking the apologists.

chcr

Too cute for words

I reckon the openly racist on either side will vote as you'd expect. Important to remember that blacks are less than 15% of the population there though. As for the apologists, I'll bet they don't outnumber the closet racists. I hope that most people would vote their conscience with no regard for skin color but I don't have a lot of confidence that this will be the case.

MrBishop

Apologists will say they vote for Obama - and that'll colour your polls somewhat, but voting (like war plans) only survive until first contact (in this case, the booth and the anonymity it brings).

Professur

Apologists will say they vote for Obama - and that'll colour your polls somewhat, but voting (like war plans) only survive until first contact (in this case, the booth and the anonymity it brings).

If you see McCain win, you'll know you were right and I was wrong then.

Cerise

deweywinssn3.jpg