Privatized Prisons

greenfreak

I wish things would get better on the outside. But things always seem to be getting worse, don't they? Gonz makes sure we're up to date on the sad state of the world ;)

If the people in jails have been convicted beyond a reasonable doubt of a heinous crime, why make it easy on them? Do I think a rapist or murderer should have it harder on them as a result of their crimes? Damn right I do-I thought the whole point of jail was to punish the guilty. What's the point of rewarding a person on Death Row an education?

nalani

Luis G - the private prisons would be contracted by the state to private coroporations .. the bad thing is that the state basically "gives up" their job as supervisor ... and private prisons sometimes don't spend as much money as they should in training their employees because they want to save money.

On the other hand, it can also sometimes force the government to shape up ...

My debate was a good one .. however, I was the only person who was prepared and that irritated me :mad2:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Ohhh well, i could give my opinion about private prisions, but it will only apply to Mexico, because i don't know about prisions situation in another countries.

kuulani

Originally posted by Gonz
however, regarding the treatment of prisoners:while I agree that they have it "too easy", imagine yourself locked up in one. 3 squares & a cot is no replacement for freedom. It's not a cozy as it looks.

What you have to remember is that these people were once free ... they did something to put themselves there. Why should they have it cozy on the inside when some hard-working decent people don't have that luxury on the outside?

kuulani

Originally posted by nalani
My debate was a good one .. however, I was the only person who was prepared and that irritated me :mad2:

Dearie, I hate to say this, but as a former student of mine, you're always the only student who's prepared. :)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Originally posted by greenfreak
Gonz makes sure we're up to date on the sad state of the world ;)

;) I'm just trying to wake up the snoozers to the fact that the nuts are running the asylum. It doesn't seem to be working.

Originally posted by Ku'uWhy should they have it cozy on the inside when some hard-working decent people don't have that luxury on the outside?

EVERY American has the luxury. They choose not to follow up. It's usually by choice that they work for the road department.