Quantum leap time, my fellow geeks!

unclehobart

After 4 years of glorious service, I am retiring my 3 legged horse of a video card aka 32mg Matrox piece o' fluff, for this wonder of the modern age.

Attachment(s):

quantum.jpg, 125.35kb

11_1035911148.jpg

HeXp£Øi±

Congratulations!! I just upgraded mine to. I upgrade about every six months and this time i went with the Radeon 8500LE 128MB which will probably just about be the bottleneck on my system. But the TI4600 is one kickass card. King of the crop(or thereabouts).

unclehobart

What are you doing friday night? we might as well do a 2 day hookup since Im probably going to shoot out for Todds come sunday.

HomeLAN

Nothing past 5. If all I'm doing i swapping a vid card, we're probably only looking at 30 minutes.

Of course, this is your machine. Might count on an hour. If you wanna LAN game, may I suggest my place? Better seating.

unclehobart

LAN what though? I think I can tough out the interface for NWN over there if you want to start a game. We might have to d/l a module and see how the thing works before we dabble in the outside universe.

Did you want me to unplug my toy and bring it over to your place? I would have to bring over the whole kit to make it hammer out properly.

I think the best path is for you to come over on Friday night. We can hammer out the basics, catch dinner somewhere and then do a standard full day at your pad on saturday.

HomeLAN

That should work. What I'd like to do this weekend is figure out if there's a way to do a collaborative game on-line. That really requires us to be in the same room as we work out the kinks (or at least that would help).

If we can't do it, there's always D2. You got a sorc with some new playthings, as I recall.

How late you planning to stay at Todd's? I may whip out there with you if it's not going to be a late night.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I'm still using an Annihilator Pro from Creative Labs. :( Oh well...Christmas is coming, so I'll most likely be getting something good... ;)

HomeLAN

Yeah, this is what I want from Santa, too. I'm hoping that the NV30's will be out and the price will drop.

Then I could move my GF2 to the other gaming platform, move the 32 MB ATI to my wife's machine, and cycle out a piece of shit 8 MB no-namer.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
Unc all i see is a red x. Im assuming that its a ti4600 from the comments though. Me so want a 9700 radeon like justin. Cause he is like the jones, i have to keep up with him. :D

unclehobart

hmm... something goofed in your settings or the page flat out didnt load properly for ya. Its a pic of an Asus made GeForce4 4600 128.