Question from a total illiterate

spike

As for household vacuums being used, I have never used anything else. Proper grounding is key to doing anything with your computer with the cover removed. Those who don't observe proper grounding techniques are asking for trouble and deserve what they get.

Sticking your hand on your computer does little help the issue that it's needlessly dangerous to the electronics in your PC to be trying to clean them with a household electric vacuum.

I just double checked my A+ certifications book and it says you should definitely not ever use a household vac.

Besides the static I would think that the suction generated by a household vac has the potential to do some damage on it's own.

IF you really need suction they make handy little non-static vacuums that plug into your USB slot for about $5-$10 which seems pretty cheap compared something going wrong just once witha household vac.

jimpeel

I've tried the little guys and they don't get the job done. I have been using a household vac for over twenty years and never had a problem. I also do not use it on full suction. I turn the little cover that reduces the suction.

I shall, however, take your recommendations under advisement.

Thanks.

Inkara1

Or, if you need either music or warmth...

2598734184_54fac38ddf.jpg