Radeon 9700

Jeslek

Banned
OK my brother is buying this card, but wants the 256 MB version. Is it available yet? If not, when would it be available?

whoreable

never heard of one ever being made. so it defenetly isn't available. and if it was, overkill i would say.

only 128, good card got one in a wrapper here just waitin for a chance to jump into a new mobo :D ordered a KT400 board and some RAM certified for 200mhz low latency.

Jeslek

Banned
Luis G said:
isnt 128MB more than enough (for now) ??
No, Asheron's Call 2 requires 256 MB video memory for all eye candy. I'd like a 512 MB one too if possible, that would allow for even more eye candy.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
LastLegionary said:
Luis G said:
isnt 128MB more than enough (for now) ??
No, Asheron's Call 2 requires 256 MB video memory for all eye candy. I'd like a 512 MB one too if possible, that would allow for even more eye candy.

I find that hard to believe since there's no consumer level graphics card available with 256 MB memory.

If you really just must have one, the FireGL X1 (workstation version of R9700) will have 256 MB of memory, and I expect it to be available before the end of the year. Of course, it will be quite expensive.

equinoxe3d

I think the Parhelia has a 256MB version, must be one hell of a cost though :eek:

I remember what happened when EQ: Shadows of Luclin went out and asked 512MB of system memory for optimal performance, the RAM prices nearly dropped with the release :D :headbang: