Rand Paul: If The Government Is Going To Watch Us They Need Probable Cause

Gotholic

Overseas, my ass he's for drones over the US all of the sudden

No, he is not. As per your source:

"Here's the distinction: I have never argued against any technology being used when you have an imminent threat, an act of crime going on," Paul said on Fox Business Network. "If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and $50 in cash, I don't care if a drone kills him or a policeman kills him. But it's different if they want to come fly over your hot tub or your yard just because they want to do surveillance on everyone, and they want to watch your activities."

He is against them being used for surveillance, not crimes in action.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
A drone with a hellfire for a liquor store robbery? Geez Goth, where's his due process?

2minkey

bootlicker
it has nothing to do with rand. it's more about a little boy's hero worship. his heroes can weasel out of anything and have no duty to present anything they don't feel like. it's nothing other than a childish identity game.

Winky

Rand was right and I agree 1,000 percent with him.
No American should be blown to pieces while sipping a Latte
minding his own business, either here or abroad.
Osambo shouldn't have the right to be Judge Jury & Executioner.

But what's a muther to do?

10rtg5i.jpg

2minkey

bootlicker
the pauls will disappear soon enough. their memory will be used to justify not participating in a 'corrupt system' by those that have no ambition in life and little ability to do anything useful.

Winky

yes all those who believed in freedom, liberty, capitalism & the American way of life will go the way of the dodo bird
and the folks that suckle from the government teat will grow fatter, over produce their kin to the point of squeezing out all other
forms of life

n154d5.jpg

Gotholic

Australian Activist Defeats Spy Cameras In Landmark Case

Freedom Strikes Back Down Under – CCTV breaks Australian privacy law, cameras switched off

Steve Jolly
Infowars.com
May 9, 2013

Expansion of the global surveillance grid was dealt a major blow in Australia last week after a legal challenge by an individual against the State of New South Wales brought about a landmark ruling.

A local resident opposed to the introduction of CCTV cameras succesfully proved that public surveillance carried out by his city council not only broke Australia’s privacy laws, but also did nothing to prevent crime – the supposed reason for its installation.

This important ruling effectively challenges the legality of public space CCTV in New South Wales and sets a highly significant precedent with far-reaching consequences across the State and potential implications for the rest of Australia.

The legal decision announced on 2nd May 2013 by an Administrative Decisions Tribunal for the State of New South Wales ruled that:

“The Council is to refrain from any conduct or action in contravention of an information protection principle or a privacy code of practice;​
[and]​
“The Council is to render a written apology to the Applicant for the breaches, and advise him of the steps to be taken by the Council to remove the possibility of similar breaches in the future.”​
The tribunal also ruled that “the expert evidence suggests that CCTV does little to prevent crime,” and that “the Council has not demonstrated that filming people in the Nowra CBD is reasonably necessary to prevent crime.” It also found that “since the Council’s CCTV program was implemented, crime has increased in the Nowra CBD in the categories of assaults, break and enters and malicious damage.”

Full details of the adjudication can be found here.

As a result of this landmark ruling, cameras installed in the city of Nowra, New South Wales have been switched off while the local authority, Shoalhaven City Council and the State government of New South Wales consider their next move.

Adam Bonner, the man who took the council to court, is not a lawyer or a seasoned campaigner, but a local farmer who simply acted on his principles, as he explains:

“For many years, even before I started this whole action back in 2009, I had always believed in a free and fair society that a person should have to consent to have their personal information collected and stored by the state.”

“There is also something very unsavoury about a society that puts more value on seeking retribution and revenge from the 4-5 per cent who offend, than on protecting the privacy and civil liberties of the 95-96 per cent who do not.”

“They should be able to walk the street without having their personal information collected. People should be allowed to have their anonymity.”

Source - Check the source for the rest of the article.

:headbang: