Reality TV that you'd like to see

MrBishop

If I had a chance...I'd put on a reality TV show called "Shining Armour".

You get different groups of people from the SCA (Society of Creative Anachronism) and pit them against each other in different situations.

Archery
Jousting
Straight Melee - fencing, epee and great swords
Quarter-staff - on a log-bridge
Mini-war (With 20 people per side and strict rules about wounds and deaths)

Losers get to sit in the racks for the duration . :)

Got any ideas?

Professur

You didn't miss much. Jousting with the 15 minutes of training they got was just stupid. And you really can't get the feel of thousands of pounds of horseflesh, hundreds of pounds of gleaming armour through a 21" screen. You really, really need to see that in person.

But seeing two pros with a staff going at it .... 24 frames a second just don't have a hope in hell of capturing it.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I watch reality television every day. It's called the local news and SportsCenter. Everything else is scripted, and sometimes I wonder about those two.

tommyj27

Not really Banned
SouthernN'Proud said:
I watch reality television every day. It's called the local news and SportsCenter. Everything else is scripted, and sometimes I wonder about those two.
i don't even bother with that, i try to limit myself to cheesey science fiction reruns. currently, babylon 5 and TNG season 1.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I have never watched that show, so I went to their website and find out the name of this little ivanova girl. Then proceeded to do Claudia Christian on google and she looks familiar :lol: