Recession? We don' need no steenkeen recession!

MrBishop

Too little fat trimmed. I prefer the fake-presidency method of the bail-out.

At least you're not taking over your own banks, like England.

MrBishop

b
As a bonus..I hadn't realized that the image/chart above was going to be live..and updated all the time. Sweet!
:beerbang:

chcr

Too cute for words
In 1929 the market dropped sharply, rebounded almost 30%, then Black Friday came. Just sayin'.

catocom

I'm with ya man.

history repeating it's self makes prophesying easier don't it.
seems some in power have doomed us to repeat or worse.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
In 1929 the market dropped sharply, rebounded almost 30%, then Black Friday came. Just sayin'.

The crash was an incident. The depression didn't really start until 1934 or so. Partially because the government overreacted to economic hardships. WHOA! Deja vu.

MrBishop

9387.61 +936.42 / +11.08% Oct 13

I guess obama's lead will shrink slightly now.

Last: 10,136.510 Net Change: 1,071.350 % Change: 11.82%
Toronto's Index is up as well...Thanksgiving was yesterday, so no trades.

I'm thinking that this is people buying back depressed stocks and aiming for the long haul.

There are a buttload of stocks heading towards the penny-stock range. Pier1 is barely above the delisting, and they were at $9 in early 08.

Time to buy indeed.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
It is a good time to invest, if you have the bucks to lose, but you have to find a company that you really think is going to bounce back strong.

I think it is a good time to get into some conservative mutual funds.

catocom

It is a good time to invest, if you have the bucks to lose, but you have to find a company that you really think is going to bounce back strong.

I think it is a good time to get into some conservative mutual funds.

if you got some jack to get in with.....better odds than the lottery. I lose most of the time on it.

chcr

Too cute for words
well not now.
After that wave, everything has died.:blank:

I went out to dinner last Thursday night. I'll bet there were less than a dozen people in the restaurant. The parking lot at the mall never looks more than half full. :shrug:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Folks have been living off dividends for a while now. An artificially high market does that. I wonder how many people have more than $100. in their actual "savings" account.