Recommend a Rental?

Ms Ann Thrope

BeardofPants said:
Yep - Red is my favourite. Great movies.

a while back I spent weeks waiting for all three to be available at once at my local video store -- watched them straight through on a glorious rainy Sunday... great movies! I liked Red best, and White least, tho' all three are worth watching... :D

BeardofPants

Ms Ann Thrope said:
I liked Red best, and White least, tho' all three are worth watching... :D

*Nods* Yes, White is my least favourite. I like Red best cos I've seen it quite a few times, and I've only seen Blue and White once each. I love how the films are coloured according to their titles.

Ms Ann Thrope

have you seen Kieslowski's Double Life of Veronique? Irene Jacob (from Red) is in it. I really liked it. Hoping to watch his Dekalog one of these days...

BeardofPants

Ms Ann Thrope said:
have you seen Kieslowski's Double Life of Veronique? Irene Jacob (from Red) is in it. I really liked it. Hoping to watch his Dekalog one of these days...

No... Unfortunately. I can't seem to find it anywhere! :crying4:

breaky

re : recommens a rental?

don't hire amreican psycho II :winkkiss:

i repeat....don't watch american psycho II :banghead:

don't watch it! ok :hangman:

Sharky

Secondhand Lions - Excellent! Family friendly. :cool::cool::cool:

Radio - Very good story. :cool::cool::cool:

Once Upon a Time in Mexico - Action! Adventure! Suspension of disbelief! :cool:

Open Range - About time somebody made a good western. :cool::cool:

American Wedding (American Pie 3) - Sophomoric, but fun. :cool:

Lost in Translation - Fresh, slow-paced, intriguing. :cool::cool:

Runaway Jury - Could it happen? :cool::cool:

In the Cut - Hey, Meg - whatcha doin' after the show? :cool:

freako104

I liked Lost in Translation. Bill Murray was awesome in a dramatic role. Ill also suggest Big Fish it was excellent too when it comes out

Sharky

freako104 said:
I liked Lost in Translation. Bill Murray was awesome in a dramatic role. Ill also suggest Big Fish it was excellent too when it comes out

Big Fish was outstanding!! OUTSTANDING!! You'll laugh, you'll cry. It's a definite must see!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Timeline was a quality production, but the story and the acting were both very weak. The scenes of the night siege on the castle were excellent (The SFX for the film were done by Industrial Light & Magic). If you are into the medieval period, you'll probably like it, but sci-fi fans will be disappointed. :cool: :cool:

Stuck on You was much better than anticipated. If it hadn't been a Farrelly Brothers film, I wouldn't have even bothered. It was a very funny, yet very touching film. Don't miss this one. :cool: :cool: :cool:

The Mothman Prophecies drags a little in places, but overall it is very good. I still think Gere lacks depth and range. :cool: :cool:

Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels is one of my personal favorites. Guy Ritchie makes smart, stylish, fast-paced films with plenty of action and an entertaining storyline. Not quite as slick as Snatch (no pun intended) but a helluva a fun ride. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sharky

freako104 said:
SHARKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how ya been!!!

Hey, dude!! :cool:

If life gets any better, I'll be able to sell tickets! :D

Are you at school? I hope it's going well for you - study hard, be patient - it'll be worth it in the long run. :cool:

See ya 'round!

Sharky

It was too chilly to sit outside this weekend so we watched a few flicks.

Riding Giants - Excellent history of big wave surfing. Not as good as Step Into Liquid, but still very interesting. Turn up the subwoofer. :cool:

Flywheel - Almost made me want to go to church. Almost. Good story.

Friday Night Lights - Texas high school football!! Billy Bob Thornton was coasting, but it was a good story. :cool:

Cellular - Lots of suspense, a few surprises, intense action. Gives the impression that Los Angeles is populated by self-centered, inconsiderate assholes.

chcr

Too cute for words
If you have not seen "Second Hand Lions" yet, please do so. One of my favorite movies ever. Ranks right up there with Forrest Gump for me.

Another interesting little flick is "The Last of the Blond Bombshells" with Judy Dench.

I saw "Riding Giants." Way cool.

Gives the impression that Los Angeles is populated by self-centered, inconsiderate assholes.
Based in reality then?

Sharky

chcr said:
Based in reality then?

Well, yes, actually . . . :D

I second the Secondhand Lions recommendation. That one is a keeper. :cool:

One I forgot to put in my previous post (I don't know how):

Napolean Dynamite - We played this one with a few friends over. People were laughing so hard tears were streaming down their faces. It was one of the most bizarre films I've ever had the pleasure of viewing. :cool: :cool:

tommyj27

Not really Banned
i third the secondhand lions motion, it's one of the best movies you've never heard of.

haven't seen napoleon dynamite, but eveyone and their mom has told me i'd love it, which makes me want to see it less.

Dodgeball was pretty good, despite the fact that Ben Stiller playing Ben Stiller is starting to get real old.

I thought Van Wilder was hilarious, and the fact that Tara Reid gets a lot of face time doesn't hurt either:fap:

I thought Anchorman sucked, there were a couple funny parts, but in general I wasn't impressed. Although I was very hung over when I saw it...

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
If one has yet to do so, I recommend Cold Mountain highly. Awesome picture. Ditto The Village...loved it!

Recently rented and enjoyed Collateral as well.

For a slightly older release, Stir of Echos was good, in the Sixth Sense vein.

Just introduced AE to the Walking Tall series (the original, NOT the travesty featuring some idiot known as The Rock). Watched the first part to see if she would even care, and was instructed to rent the remaining episodes post haste.

rrfield

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - Jim Carey in a dramatic role, a la Truman Show. Good, not great.

Napoleon Dynamite - funny stuff.

Most DVD rental places probably don't carry this, but if you get a chance get a hold of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force DVDs. There are 3 volumes out so far, 6 DVDs. If you are over 30 you probably won't get it.