Recommend a Rental?

freako104

Spider MAn 2 was pretty good. shaun of the dead is said to be quite funny. My dad and I liked the new version of Dawn of the Dead although we prefer the original version

catocom

freako104 said:
I liked Lost in Translation. Bill Murray was awesome in a dramatic role. Ill also suggest Big Fish it was excellent too when it comes out
I thought Lost in Translation sucked.
I'm sure Big Fish is better. Bill is a comedian, that's what he's best at I think.

freako104

He can be very funny and quite sarcastic. But he has also done movies such as Lost in Translation and also Hamlet.

oh the Notebook has gotten some good reviews

Sharky

Chronos - A time-lapse scenic journey. I'm really at a loss for words to describe it - there's no plot or dialogue, just amazing cinematography, scenes of natural and human-made beauty with a new age-ish musical soundtrack. Very interesting and relaxing.

Eraserhead - Not for the faint of heart. It was David Lynch's first feature film, and is probably the most bizarre film he's ever made. A nightmare, in black-and-white.

Croupier - Clive Owen kicks ass. 'Nuff said.

Vernon, Florida - It's out on DVD now! :cool: This is a documentary about the town I live in. Errol Morris came to Vernon to do a documentary about the insurance fraud rampant in Vernon - the town was known as "Nub City" because so many residents cut off a finger or two to claim insurance benefits - but he became so enamored by our wacky, eccentric people that he devoted the entire film to their ramblings. The town still looks exactly the way it did when the film was made (1981). Netflix posted my review. :lloyd:

Sharky

Breaking the Waves - A very powerful, emotional film about the bonds of love, definitely worth watching. Warning - contains graphic material.

Sharky

World Trade Center - Submitted without comment.

Mini's First Time - Smart, kinky, good story with lots of plot twists.

The Last Kiss - A good lesson in the value of fidelity.

Walk the Line - Very well done.

Little Miss Sunshine - Do not miss this film. Outstanding.

Miami Vice - Lots of action, colorful, good soundtrack. Michael Mann did a good job sticking to the parameters of the TV series, and it paid off.

Me and You and Everyone We Know - HoneyBunny liked this one more than I did, but it was funny and emotional and the characters are very interesting.