Repent ye sinners...

Do you attend religious services?

• Every Sunday without fail and Wednesdays (or any other weekday there are services) too.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I attend every Sunday unless an emergency arises (and feel guilty if that happens).

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I attend most Sundays but it doesn't really bother me to miss the occasional service.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I attend on all the religious holidays and occasionally throughout the year.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Christmas and Easter baby, Christmas and Easter.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • They have morning on Sundays?

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Religious services? Do they still even [I]do[/I] that?

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Who is this "god" person you're blithering about anyway.

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

Kruz

I'd love to see a graph of everyone on the forum showing how much they went to church before they were 18 and then how much after.

x = visits, y = age even better.

That would be me.. went a lot with my mother when I was young, but now only for weddings and funerals

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I went LOTS for years. To church/Sunday School, and to youth group on Wednesdays. I was even a counsellor at church camp. Then I stopped altogether, at around 14. Believing and going.

There is a Sunday School bus that comes around to the house every Sunday, so my kids are free to go if they wish, and not go if they wish. Only one really goes. Another goes at times, but only cause his buddy is there and that's the only time they see each other.

Starya

as a kid i went once a year. the whole school attended a service before x-mas. now i go twice a year, but at least i get paid for it (job related). other that, only for funerals, weddings and other tragic events.

sorry for lack of caps, am using the kiddos wii and cant be arsed...

Winky

I went to a Church for my Mommies funeral
I went to a Church to marry me Wife
I went to a Church to see my Son graduate Catholic prep school
I might be in one to see him hitched one day
By the grace of your Gawd I won't be in one to bury either
Before perhaps my ashes are in one for my funeral

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I went to a Church for my Mommies funeral
I went to a Church to marry me Wife
I went to a Church to see my Son graduate Catholic prep school
I might be in one to see him hitched one day
By the grace of your Gawd I won't be in one to bury either
Before perhaps my ashes are in one for my funeral

You never go to church but your son went to Catholic prep school??

Inkara1

A lot of people send their kids to a Catholic prep school even if they're not church members. It's for the quality of education. The local Catholic prep school here had 57 graduating high school seniors and all 57 are going to four-year universities.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Well, I guess Catholic schools have a different rep there than here...here it's usually the Catholic schools where most of the bad shit goes down...

Aunty Em

I used to go to Katie's school services... it's what she wanted... I'm inclined towards liberal quakerism anyway... they don't tell you what to believe and they believe in living simply and helping people less fortunate... the warden at the local meeting house is a buddhist. :)

Winky

I don’t fear Gawd because she doesn’t exist
I don’t fear death cuz its something everyone has to do
and there ain’t anything that comes afterwards and

Thank God I live in a Christian nation!!!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I don't fear God because I'm pretty sure that nothing I have ever done or am ever likely to do will even be noticable compared to some other people in this world.

I fear death because of the people I'll leave behind and the pain they'll feel by losing me.

I am also glad to live in a Christian nation.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I don't fear God because I'm pretty sure that nothing I have ever done or am ever likely to do will even be noticable compared to some other people in this world..

Yet, aren't you supposed to be judged solely upon your life & actions?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Yet, aren't you supposed to be judged solely upon your life & actions?

Dunno...but even so...I'd be like so far down the list of people to be judged that I'd never actually end up being judged :D God can only judge so many people in a day :p