Request for prayers or good thoughts

MrBishop

This is about a woman with whom I work, and whom I am replacing while she sits by her son's bed.
believe in the power of prayer. I have a special favour to ask each of you. A young lady who is an employee in the Diocese of Montreal has a son who has a very rare form of leukemia, so unusual that the mds are stumped as to how to treat it. Her son is 7 years old, Brandon Ribiero - Dorrington. He fell ill while in New York City on vacation. They started to treat him for a couple of weeks, it was not working so they agreed he could travel by Medivac to Montreal. The costs of $1,500,000. seem to be covered by a combination of insurance plans.
He goes back to the MCH Tuesday and the MDs will see what they have learned thru the marvelous tool of Internet research and sheer inspiration. He needs all the prayers we can raise. Please bring his name to your various faith communities. This is one that needs more than human help. The parents Chris and Suzana are committed Christians and are blessed with the support of many faithful friends. I said I would pass this on to my friends who I know will pray for him and the family. Thank you for taking the time to help. I believe we can win this one!

PS. The latest news is that he has developed Testicular Cancer as well.

Mare

Brandon,Chris,and Suzana-Our thoghts and prayers are with you.

If there is a miracle to be done, God knows this family needs it now!
:angel: I said this angel to watch and guide over him and his family...

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I wish I believed so I could pray, but I will think of the little guy, and hope for the best.

MrBishop

Thanks for the thoughts folx....I'm going to try and c/c Suzanna on them.

The worst part for me, beyond thinking of how much this hurts the family, is that I'm working at Suzanna's desk, and I am surrounded by pictures of Brendon. I also get to view and print all emails incoming regarding people's shows of strength.

It's heartbreaking, really. He's so young!

I take a few extra minutes of every day holding onto my son tightly and giving him kisses and being thankful that I'm not facing this myself.

MrBishop

Well.... seems that his mother will be taking some unpaid leave to spend time with her son. She's taking 52 weeks!! I may end up with a full-time accounting gig for 1 year, which will suck because I'm limited as to where I can surf while in the accounting office (secure).

The young man will be going to school in about 3 weeks if all goes well, but he'll be wearing a mask (to avoid infections) and he'll be balding. Poor kid!

peterska2

Mr B

I have not only passed it onto my church and prayed for them myself but also passed the details on throughout the country to a whole prayer network.

Mare

PuterTutor said:
I wish I believed so I could pray, but I will think of the little guy, and hope for the best.

Puter- You dont have to believe in God to pray ???

Pray (in dictionary)- To make a request in a humble manner.
That could just be you asking humbily that this little boy be safe and free of cancer someday.
BUT, that's just my opinion, not ment to be against you or anything. Just was curious why you could not pray?

Aunty Em

While I don't believe in god as a senscient being, I do believe in the universal power ands its ability to heal, so I will be sending some his way.

Mare

Aunty Em said:
While I don't believe in god as a senscient being, I do believe in the universal power ands its ability to heal, so I will be sending some his way.

Aunty Em what the word senscient mean? I tried looking it up in the dictionary but it wasn't there?