ris?

MuFu

Take a look at this mate, just something I threw together quickly...

http://muthafunker.homestead.com/files/Miscmessageboard/otc.jpg

Quite big, about 300k. Reckon it looks quite natty (ooh!), although I'm not sure it can easily implemeted without raising load times excessively. Anyway, rock on bro...

buttrockhair.gif

MuFu.

ris

cool mufu, that's pretty nice, making those bars wouldn't be that hard but the load times would rise, it depends how many and where :)

MuFu

Is it possible to do an overlay in HTML for those bars? So the bars can be textured and the writing on them can be white? The column separator lines would have to be black though, otherwise it'd look weird. Never done any webpage work so I have no idea...

Oh... refresh the pic cos I just blacked out another bar. :D

MuFu.

ris

i'm not sure how the board is built but if the headers are tables then it shouldn't be that hard - set the green to background of the table and give the table bars a width.

but my website building ain't too hot to be honest, so that could all be bollox

fury

Administrator
Staff member
To make a horizontal background strip work, I'd have to make every single one of the table strips out of nested tables (one big table containing the background, then a transparent-backgrounded table containing the writing), which increases the page download size by sometimes as much as 50%.

A vertical background strip (like you see with the red bars at http://www.xibase.com/forum/index.php ) is less difficult and would make for smaller page download times than with horizontal backgrounds, as all I'd need to do is set the background color replacement to include a background image command

ris

let me know if you want any of the logo cropped for this sort of stuff, fury, give me a size and i'll upload them to you :)

MuFu

Yeah? Cool.

Must admit I really like the look of it that way. Those bands of colour in the logo are tantalisingly close to the table dividers though. Makes you wonder if it could all be lined up for even more eye-joy.

:headbang:

MuFu.