Ro-bought-ics

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Evolution Robotics is marketing the ER1, a computer assisted machine that can sing a lullaby to your baby, then go to the fridge and fetch a beer - all programmed from a laptop.

The hybrid creature comes equipped with a Webcam that actually allows the user to teach the robot about what actions it should take when it comes upon an object or a situation. But it’s not without its bugs. During a demonstration in L.A., the machine was asked to bring a can of Coke to a user. It went to the fridge, scanned different kinds of pop, picked the right one – then dropped it halfway to its destination.

But the company promises those glitches won’t last, and believes it can garner big sales by offering the mechanoid to the general public and software developers. It sells for $599 U.S.

From CP24

alex

That reminds me of the movie Robocop when they are goin to demonstrate that big robot and he gets his directives mixed up and mows down one of the company execs :cylon:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
:rofl2:

Imagine the robot: "here is your beer"......

(i leave to your imagination the place where the robot is going to "insert" it)

:laugh: :laugh:

ris

as long as it can't limit your intake; 'i'm sorry sir but you've had enough....'

:eek: