Ron Paul Wins 2010 CPAC Straw Poll

spike

Libertarian darling Ron Paul won the CPAC straw poll tonight, taking 31% of the vote in the multi-candidate field. Mitt Romney came in a distant second place. Sarah Palin came in third, drawing single-digits.

Only 2,395 straw poll votes were cast by what organizers said was 10,000 attendees at this year's CPAC.

Results from the full field, and a link to the complete poll after the jump.

Haley Barbour: 1%

Mitch Daniels: 2%

Newt Gingrich: 4%

Mike Huckabee: 4%

Sarah Palin: 7%

Ron Paul: 31%

Tim Pawlenty: 6%

Mike Pence: 5%

Mitt Romney: 22%

Rick Santorum: 2%

John Thune: 2%

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/02/straw-poll-results-post.php?ref=fpa

MrBishop

Conservative Political Action Conference - the people who just got slammed for bringing the gay-rights group into CPAC.

Guess Sarah doesn't have the vote from the right, eh.

valkyrie

I was thinking of this...
images

... which is a CPAP machine.

Anyway... Sarah Palin isn't going to get elected in 2012. I doubt that she will even be a nominee for the Republicans unless they are sure they are going to lose to Obama and don't have a chance in hell.

catocom

Anyway... Sarah Palin isn't going to get elected in 2012. I doubt that she will even be a nominee for the Republicans unless they are sure they are going to lose to Obama and don't have a chance in hell.

no she won't get elected, and yep, if they run her, they will lose again,
but I'm not so sure O will get it then either.
The ball game is changing, but not like Obama thought.

spike

It is encouraging that Ron Paul got the most support. I like Paul. I doubt I'd ever vote for him but a lot of his positions are spot on. Maybe some sanity is returning when you see him beat out Romney and Palin by such margins.

valkyrie

Ron Paul says some wacky shit. Occasionally he makes some sense. It's hard to tell what's gonna come out of his mouth next.