Sarah Palin Book Tour Launches

MrBishop

"We're in a bookstore, at a public event, in a place one would think was a bastion of free speech. And no one was allowed to ask questions. What are they afraid of?"

ROFL - You go Marg!!

Winky

Sarah Palin Makes A Mint From Her 1st Book.

Continuing to espouse your core beliefs in the face
of opposition is always a source of exasperation
to your adversaries. You go Gurl!

MrBishop

How dare they post a picture she posed for and approved??!?
How dare they!!
sarahpalin_200908_477x600_7.jpg

Cerise

Palin photog breached his contract:

What on earth was Sarah Palin thinking when she posed in a pair of teeny-tiny gym shorts for a photograph that ended up on the cover of Newsweek -- a cover she has called "sexist"?

Perhaps she was thinking that her image would only appear in the magazine she was posing for, Runner's World, and nowhere else, at least not for months and months. If so, she had good reason -- since, as DailyFinance has learned, the photographer who shot the picture violated his contract by reselling them to Newsweek.

Editor's note & link to rest of photos:

On the cover of this week's issue of Newsweek is a photo that was shot exclusively for the August 2009 issue of Runner's World, in which Sarah Palin was featured on the monthly "I'm a Runner" back page. The photos from that shoot are still under a one-year embargo, and Runner's World did not provide Newsweek with its cover image. It was provided to Newsweek by the photographer's stock agency, without Runner's World's knowledge or permission.

MrBishop

Didn't stop her from posing for the shot.

Hmm...could it be that it's okay for her to post sexy pics of herself for one group of people but not for another?

I suppose that she could've stuck to the other shots..the one's where she isn't wearing the tight, high-cut shorts. Maybe she's just fishing for things to get angry with.

Nah..couldn't be it.

Winky

Sarah Palin rox yer sox off.

Bishy that's a mighty thin position yer taking there.

Gotta admit she's prudy durn good looking.
I know the left hates good looking wimen's
so it's all good.

While you are all fixated on Sarah, our stealth candidate
will come out of right field and storm the Blanca House.

Sarah will trundle off back to Alaska with three semi-trucks
loaded with cash and live happily ever after.

Don’t cha love it when a plan comes together?

Cerise

The choice of photo for the cover of this week's Newsweek is unfortunate. When it comes to Sarah Palin, this "news" magazine has relished focusing on the irrelevant rather than the relevant.

The Runner's World magazine one-page profile for which this photo was taken was all about health and fitness - a subject to which I am devoted and which is critically important to this nation. The out-of-context Newsweek approach is sexist and oh-so-expected by now. If anyone can learn anything from it: it shows why you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, gender, or color of skin. The media will do anything to draw attention - even if out of context.

- Sarah Palin

http://www.facebook.com/notes/sarah-palin/newsweek/175955933434

ResearchMonkey

She had a specific contract, it was broken. Contracts are important, they are a key component of capitalism.. Odd she might expect for someone to honor the agreed upon terms.

BeardofPants

Didn't stop her from posing for the shot.

Hmm...could it be that it's okay for her to post sexy pics of herself for one group of people but not for another?

I suppose that she could've stuck to the other shots..the one's where she isn't wearing the tight, high-cut shorts. Maybe she's just fishing for things to get angry with.

Nah..couldn't be it.

I think she's absolutely right to be pissed about the misappropriation of the runner's mag image. It's one thing to happily pose in gym gear for a running mag, it's another for that same image to be used out of context.

And yes, I think SP is a moron. But a justified one in this instance.

jimpeel

"We're in a bookstore, at a public event, in a place one would think was a bastion of free speech. And no one was allowed to ask questions. What are they afraid of?"

ROFL - You go Marg!!

Because the line for autographs wraps around the block and there is no time for Q&A periods if the maximum number of people are going to get an autograph. That's why.

By the by, she should learn how to spell "Marge". :D

jimpeel

Yeah...that photo of hers in shot-shorts leaning on the American flag was all about health. Sure it was.

She can run, but she's awfully good at spinning too, it seems.

How in the hell can you call shorts which the legs extend 5-6 inches below the crotch line "short shorts"?

Short shorts are the ones that the outside of the leg opening is above the crotch line with the cheeky peeky rear end.

LIKE THESE

You need to get out more.

ResearchMonkey

Seems something similar happened to Glenn Beck recently. Some photographer came forward with a photo to paint him a bad light.

The Dan Rather effect.

catocom

I just don't see the big deal with the cover.
Except that they say she'll be the next pres., when they don't even think so themselves.

It's a propaganda mag, for the sheeple.:shrug:

Would it have been as big a deal if it was on the inquirer?

It is indeed her.
Did she say if she got to be pres., she'd never ever dress like that?
Didn't I see so pics of obama out there shirtless on the beach?
Seems another somewhat double standard again.
I don't don't get it.