Satellite

kuulani

I'm getting a satellite. Woo-hoo, hundreds of channels at my fingertips. Of course, knowing my luck, nothing good will be on ... :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
On satellite here there still never is anything on, no matter how many channels :(

kuulani

The area I live in now can't catch regular cable ... so now I only have three channels, and two of 'em have snow most of the time :D

I'm looking forward to the Food Network and the Discovery Channel!!

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
*cough* *cough* you can get a tv card *cough* and some little software to decode those encrypted channels. *cough*

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
DishNetwork with 150 channels of NOTHING!!!

It's nice having multiple Discoverys. Better picture &amp; sound than cable. Hope you enjoy it.

Luis G

Staff member
:D :D

*cough * i'm *cough* covering *cough* from the police *cough* they could *cough* come and *cough* arrest me *cough*:)rolleyes:, yeah right)

This cold is getting worse....

greenfreak

The name of this thread reminded me of the Dave Matthews song so I'm listening to it now... :cool:

That's great that you're getting satellite. Think you'll have time to watch it with the baby coming? ;)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
:lol:@Prof...

Are you getting Dish, Direct or a real satelite dish (ie 15')?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
That's what I have. After the baby is about 3, get the "local channels (KTLA, WSBK, KWGN, etc)...they have varied times for the little ones to watch all the cartoon shows, like Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, Pokemon &amp; stuff. Betweeen that &amp; Cartoon Network you'll never hear from them again. You'll also loose your TV, it's a fair trade. :cool:

HomeLAN

I'll agree with that. I live on a steady diet of Looney Tunes.

Choke up the extra $200 and get TIVO. It's more than worth it.

HomeLAN

www.tivo.com

It's like a VCR, but it records to a hard drive, so you get all digital recording and some goodies you can't do with a VCR. I can freeze frame, slow-mo, pause live TV, etc.

Also, I can tell it to automatically record new broadcasts of a show, and it'll just do it for me. Only new ones, too, no re-runs.

Luis G

Staff member
Aren't those boxes the ones that are being "watched" to know the user's habits ?