Satellite

equinoxe3d

We got something similar to TIVO, it's the same kind special receiver (on Bell expressVu service though). Kind of expensive though.

My parents are using StarChoice, but we just have chosen like 30-ish channels (plus digital music) and I don't have it in my room :(

However I have Global and they don't :p

HomeLAN

Ku'u, it works for anything on TV. In fact, you can tell it to look for anything with a specific actor, director, etc. and automatically record it for you.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Dish already has one

DishPVR 501
PERSONAL VIDEO RECORDER

The DishPVR 501 is an integrated satellite TV receiver and Personal Video Recorder that gives you the ability to record and control TV programming in a way you never could before. Easily record your favorite shows so they're on when you want them.

FREE Personal Video Recorder features!
4-component universal UHF / IR Remote Control
Optical Dolby Digital output

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
This is the one equinoxe3d was referring to. Waaaaaay too much money :eek:

Especially considering I got 2 regular dish/receiver systems from them for $199 , came to $99 after the programming credit.

edit - to clarify, 1 dish, 2 receivers.

And equinoxe, you're happy to have Global??? :confuse3: :laugh:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Record:
Easily record up to 35 hours of Dish Network satellite programming with 100% digital quality; no messy videotapes or complicated timers.

it's $199. for curent customers, ususally $299.

cheaper (or free) to new customers.

equinoxe3d

Originally posted by L. Summerton
And equinoxe, you're happy to have Global??? :confuse3: :laugh:

Ohhhh yeah :D

Nothing like (nearly) 4 hours straight of Simpsons re-runs on Saturday afternoon :headbang: I wish I had more English channels to watch though (only Global and *ugh* CBC here).

But like Gonz said, with Dish or cable or whatever I think it often narrows down to x channels of nothing...