Saudi Prince 2nd largest shareholder of Fox News

jimpeel

It seems that the guy likes news outlets to invest in. He also likes Harvard University -- a lot.

Actually, Newscorp is the second to last smallest percentage of his holdings and last place for news outlets. Everything else is double digit.

SOURCE

Harvard University

In April 2009, Prince Waleed bin Talal donated $20 million to Harvard University, one of its 25 largest donations. http://www.islamicstudies.harvard.edu/overview/about_the_donor.php

Among his many assets are: a 95% stake in Kingdom Holding Company; 91% ownership of Rotana Video & Audio Visual Company; 90% ownership of Lebanese Broadcasting Center ( LBCSAT ); 7% of News Corp (Fox News); about 6% of Citigroup; 17% of Al Nahar and 25% of Al Diyar, two daily newspapers published in Lebanon.

spike

He likes Murdoch a lot. Looks like they're trying to get closer.

"Prince Alwaleed has grown close with the Murdoch enterprise, recently endorsing James Murdoch to succeed his father and creating a content-sharing agreement with Fox News for his own media conglomerate, Rotana. As irony would have it, the Arab News just published this picture today of Prince Alwaleed meeting with News Corp executives to discuss how to “further strengthen the strategic corporate alliance between Rotana and News Corp”"

princely.gif

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/08/24/fox-stewart-alwaleed/

spike

Is it upsetting for you to have this guy be such a big part of NewsCorp?

Prefer to stay in the dark about it?

jimpeel

How is 7% "such a big part of NewsCorp?"

It disturbs me that the currently sitting president is in the pocket of the unions.

It disturbs me that the most frequent visitor to the White House is the head of the SEIU.

It disturbs me that the currently sitting president is trying to take over every industry in America.

It disturbs me that the currently sitting president has, in the course of eighteen months, taken over the auto, finance, insurance, medical, student loan, mortgage, and health care industries; and he is trying his best to destroy the stock market and Wall Street in general.

But some foreign potentate owning a mere 7% of an American corporation disturbs me not a whit.

catocom

nope
doesn't bother me at all.
I guess I don't fit the profile you've made up in your head.
You're welcome to keep feeding yourself the delusion though, as you probably will.

spike

How is 7% "such a big part of NewsCorp?"

2nd largest shareholder.

"Prince Alwaleed has grown close with the Murdoch enterprise, recently endorsing James Murdoch to succeed his father and creating a content-sharing agreement with Fox News for his own media conglomerate, Rotana. As irony would have it, the Arab News just published this picture today of Prince Alwaleed meeting with News Corp executives to discuss how to “further strengthen the strategic corporate alliance between Rotana and News Corp”

It disturbs me that the currently sitting president is in the pocket of the unions.

It disturbs me that the most frequent visitor to the White House is the head of the SEIU.

It disturbs me that the currently sitting president is trying to take over every industry in America.

It disturbs me that the currently sitting president has, in the course of eighteen months, taken over the auto, finance, insurance, medical, student loan, mortgage, and health care industries; and he is trying his best to destroy the stock market and Wall Street in general.

Ah, make up a bunch of stuff in a transparent attempt to change the subject.

But some foreign potentate owning a mere 7% of an American corporation disturbs me not a whit.

Of course, it would only be a big deal if it was an entity you didn't like.

spike

nope
doesn't bother me at all.
I guess I don't fit the profile you've made up in your head.

Actually that fits the profile exactly. If it's something you are against (like say a Muslim community center) you'd be against it. But if it's your beloved propaganda station.....make excuses.

jimpeel

Ah, make up a bunch of stuff in a transparent attempt to change the subject.

Nothing I posted was made up.

Not trying to change the subject at all. I addressed the subject quite nicely.

You wanted to know what I found disturbing and I told you. The ending paragraph was right on target and right on subject.

Know the difference, please.

spike

Nothing I posted was made up.

Sorry wrong.

Made up.

Correction...former head. But who cares? He's a big supporter of universal healthcare. I like it.

Made up.

Made up. He hasn't taken over one of those industries. We regulate these industries, we cut out the middlemen on students loans saving a bunch of money, and a couple of car companies came to us for bailouts....but all these industries still run themselves.

Also the stock market is way up.

Clipboard01.bmp

Maybe you meant to say Bush was trying to destroy the stock market?

Not trying to change the subject at all. I addressed the subject quite nicely.

You were trying to change the subject.

You wanted to know what I found disturbing and I told you.

Made up. I asked cat "Is it upsetting for you to have this guy be such a big part of NewsCorp?"

The ending paragraph was right on target and right on subject.

Not really, your last sentence only tried to dismiss the 7% as if he wasn't the second largest shareholder and didn't have a mutual relationship. It was disingenuous.

Know the difference, please.

Oh, I know the difference. You were trying to change the subject.